The Sales Manager provides leadership, sales and execution management for assigned programs within Amplity Health Remote Engagement. The Sales Manager is responsible to deliver results and meet programs’ objectives based on contract specifications. The Sales Manager leads Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) and possibly Team Leads or Player Coaches on one or multiple programs. The Sales Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the ISR’s employment (recruiting and hiring, on-the-job training, coaching, administrative, performance management, corrective action and employee development, etc.). In addition, the Sales Manager serves as a client liaison by regular communication with the clients on relative program matters.
- Manage a team or teams of Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs)
- Monitor ISR workload and productivity
- Ensure ISR compliance with Amplity Health and client specific policies, procedures and processes
- Work with Amplity Health Compliance to resolve compliance issues and follow up with disciplinary action when needed.
- Conduct regular cube rides / sit-besides with ISR’s, deliver timely and constructive feedback on quality and content of calls using approved Coaching Guide forms.
- Conduct and coordinate remote monitoring sessions individually, with Client and with Amplity Health Director of Inside Sales.
- Address performance issues through approved corrective action process in cooperation with HR.
- Manage conflict and employee relations on the team, engaging Human Resources when appropriate.
- Create a positive and team-oriented environment
- Develop and mentor team members
- Provide consistent coaching and support to ISR’s by observing product discussions, selling skills, and providing feedback
- Provide administrative oversight, maintain documentation of ISR attendance, time off, schedules, expense reports, etc.
- Assist team with utilization of all technology requirements: CRM use, activity reports, sales reports and others as needed.
- Train Inside Sales Representatives
- Provide new product, sales, compliance and Amplity training for new employees in coordination with HR, Amplity trainers and client training programs.
- Provide training on utilization of all technology and systems including CRM, activity reports, sales reports, etc.
- Hire Inside Sales Representatives (ISR’s)
- Drive the timely recruitment and selection process for backfills and new positions in coordination with the HR and recruitment departments
- Respond to client requests and participate in client updates
- Respond to requests for information and/or actions from the Amplity account manager and/or the client
- Attend regularly scheduled and ad hoc calls and meetings with the Amplity account manager, project manager and/or client
- Additional responsibilities required to manage client programs
- Generate activity reports required to manage reps and report contract KPI’s to Amplity account manager, project manager, and client as appropriate.
- Conduct Weekly, Monthly Quarterly Business Reviews with Amplity Health Director of Inside Sales
- Cooperate with Amplity account manager and project manager to exceed client expectations including excellent program performance and effective client communications
- Responsible for maximizing contract profitability by managing revenue generating sales staff and program expenses within the budget.
- Identify and implement strategic initiatives to reduce turnover and vacancies.
- Develop effective retention programs and creative staffing solutions.
- Advise management and operations on project status and issues pertinent to the success of the contract.
- Translate program requirements, based on the executed Statement of Work, into operational tasks for successful execution of contractual deliverables.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Client product(s) and program.
- Communicate with the Director of Inside Sales, team members and the Account Managers on project’s progress.
- Create and maintain a positive impression with client and client’s customers.
- Prepare reports for management as needed.
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and Amplity Health Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines and relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- Participate in teleconference and live (when required) National, regional and district meetings and training sessions and represent client at National and/or local conventions when applicable.
- Other projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a pharma field sales role (e.g. as a Professional Sales Representative).
- 2+ years of experience supervising/managing employees.
- 2 - 5 years of pharma or healthcare sales management experience (field or inside sales).
- Inside sales or contact center experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Clear, articulate and grammatically sound speech, professional demeanor and excellent phone manner and communication skills.
- Strong focus on providing customers with superior support and service.
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information over the telephone.
- Strong rapport building skills and active listening skills.
- Excellent selling, closing, persuasion and presentation skills.
- Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment successfully complete projects and assignments.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Good organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully complete client trainings in their entirety (home study and live training) and meet all training expectations in order to proceed to servicing client’s customers within the parameters of the program.
- Must be able to participate in teleconference and live National, regional and district meetings and training sessions and represent client at National and/or local conventions when requested.