OLAM international is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 70 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 23,000 customers worldwide. Our team of 70,000 employees has built a leadership position in many businesses including cocoa, coffee, cashew, rice and cotton.
The successful candidate will be part of the Edible Nuts Team & will be responsible for Almond sales into USA, Canada & Mexico. Responsibilities may eventually expand to include Walnut, Pistachio, Cashew, Peanut and Hazelnut sales as well.
The person should be a self-starter, intelligent and possess strong inter-personal skills. Candidates must be energetic, professional and want to strongly contribute to our growing company.
This position will report to the Director and VP of the Almond division.
- Sales and customer relationship management in the B2B realm; to drive sales volume growth and to meet sales targets.
- Tracking & Managing warehouse inventory. Conducting periodic ageing analysis & ensuring rotation/timely liquidation of stocks.
- Working closely with logistics and support staff to ensure excellence in contract execution, inventory management, stock ageing, rejections, debtors and vendor payables.
- Deepen our understanding of the Edible Nuts Industry, markets and customers’ requirements with specific focus on food service companies.
- Extracting premiums for partial load sales & strengthening relationships with brokers & niche players in the industry
- Execution of the company’s business plan with numeric and qualitative key performance indicators, which are tracked bi-annually.
- Educating the customer on what Olam can provide in terms of products, grades, certifications, and supply chain differentiation.
- This position will provide strong knowledge of supply chain management, customer management, product know-how with ample opportunities and growth prospects.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or related course of study.
- At least 2-4 years related B2B sales experience.
- A record of sales success, with strong customer orientation.
- Critical thinking, people management and strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated and sense of entrepreneurship.
- Prior sales experience in Edible Nuts Industry