The functions of this role encompass the designated sales vertical for Alaska Communications business with emphasis on implementing best in class of sales and service delivery capabilities. Oversee distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Analyzing sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements. Reviewing and monitoring the preferences of customers. Responsible for the full lifecycle management of sales vertical product family of services, including: strategy formulation, pricing, revenue attainment, product configuration, financial analysis, competitive analysis and market planning. Leads sales representatives in an assigned market to win loyal customers, meet or beat the associated revenue and expense objectives, and ensure compliance with the Company's policies and values.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage the quality of calls and the development of prospects. Demonstrate the ability to identify and qualify client suspects, maintaining a 90% success ratio.
- Demonstrate and encourage the importance of internal and external customer satisfaction and quality work. Responsible for managing, promoting, directing, and controlling related product lines. Establish product line direction for existing products, including product line extensions and additional target markets.
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities in sales and service accounting and recordkeeping, and in receiving and shipping operations.
- Establish clear pricing strategies, discount structures, and guidelines for all sales channels and target markets.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Confer or consult with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications. Manage the sales force team to inspect sales product, assure coaching to employees onsales skills and assure visitation to client prospects in person, during 75% of the normal work week.
- Advise dealers and distributors on policies and operating procedures toensure functional effectiveness of business.
- Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Direct clerical staff to keep records of export correspondence, bid requests, and credit collections, and to maintain current information on tariffs, licenses, and restrictions.
- Track industry trends, product segment growth, and market share. Prioritize engineering development and promotional projects for individual product lines.
- Manage product line direction through an ongoing assessment of current products, pricing, and position; systematically develop and evaluate opportunities for new products and or line extensions; and identify new target markets (jointly with industry marketing) and related strategies.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products
- Visit franchised dealers to stimulate interest in establishment or expansion of leasing programs
- Oversee regional and local sales managers and their staffs
- Direct foreign sales and service outlets of an organization
- Communication Skills Written & Oral - Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to succinctly describe status of business.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a projector task.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Self Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
Bachelor's degree in business management, sales and marketing, or other related field. Equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted for degree requirement on a year for year basis plus six (6) years of progressive Sales experience, of which at least two years were in the telecommunications industry. Experience must result in demonstrable ability to develop account strategies, train employees, effectively manage sales employee performance, develop and deliver effective proposals and manage complex sales cycles. Experience in responding to formal RFP`s or bids. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, to include: Word, Excel, and Outlook. Prefer two years of President`s Club performance and two years working at Alaska Communications.