Technical expertise (OEM and ISV)
- Atleast 15 years of experience to drive sales and solutioning for clients at either IT Services Providers (serving OEMs and ISVs) or at leading Network Equipment Manufacturers (NEM E.g. Cisco)
- Deep understanding of technology trends impacting all layers of IT infrastructure and software and experience in collaborating with clients on both traditional and emerging spend pools especially related to Cloud, IOT and Digital
- Experiencing in driving multi-million dollar technical solutions to client business needs while also ensuring delivery excellence across multiple areas
- Business solutions
- Professional services
- Ability to manage scale delivery for all client engagements through optimal shoring (onsite, onshore, offshore) – driving high client advocacy profitably
- Thought leadership in building, selling and delivering a portfolio of scale offerings – ability to collaborate with solution / product teams and new/existing alliance partners on identifying, piloting and scaling new product offerings aligned to industry needs
Sales leadership and credentials
- At least 15 years of experience in sales roles (full P&L ownership) at IT Service Providers or Network equipment manufacturers with proven credentials of driving breakthrough sales growth while ensuring high client advocacy
- Sales leadership of either a vertical or geo or a superscale account for atleast 2 years with >50M P&L with a track record of consistent over-performance in growth (over competition) – this must be in the services space (not a sale of equipment)
- Leadership over time of at least 2 key client accounts with clear credentials on scaling them (E.g. Scaling a <5M account to over 20M in 3-5 years or Scaling a ~10M to ~30+M) – at least one of them must be in the network equipment services space (i.e. either services to NEM clients or via them to enterprise clients)
- Credentials in opening new accounts through targeted hunting and nurturing these to multi-million dollar accounts (>5M) – these could be either in the OEM or ISV space
- Leadership connects with multiple leading OEMs especially in the network equipment space as well as leading ISVs (both on-prem and SaaS-based)
- Excellent track record of conversion of disproportionately large deals (>10M TCV) through excellent sales/pre-sales and solutioning skills – solution aligned to client needs at the right commercial model and with the right delivery and program management structure
- Proven credentials of selling both POCs and scale projects (>2M ACV) in emerging technology areas – cloud including private, public IaaS and SaaS, IOT, software defined infrastructure via thought leadership in IP or frameworks and methodology
- Strong people management skills – Ability to lead and build high performing teams, mentoring team members, building a strong second line, ability to attract & retain talent
- Senior client engagement: Ability to drive neutral and detractor clients to promoter status
- Understand client needs and dynamics and proactively deliver realistic solutions aligned to them
- Tailor approach to client styles
- Proactively address issues and mitigate risks
- Drive relationship building between client senior executives and Mindtree senior management
- Understand strengths and development needs of all internal stakeholders and drive full potential by leveraging strengths and coaching on development needs
- Complete ownership and provide proactive and thoughtful support to senior management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity - Able to come out with solution by bringing in clarity & with quality assumptions.
- High learning agility - ability to adapt and deliver results in highly unstructured situations
Own full P&L for one of the key verticals within the TMS BU at Mindtree – Enterprise Cloud (covering OEMs and ISVs both SaaS and on-prem) reporting into the TMS BU Head who reports to Mindtree’s CEO.
- Revenue: Breakthrough growth in both focus areas through both structured farming and focused hunting leveraging the best of Mindtree as well as innovative solutioning to client needs.
- Customer advocacy: Ensure promoters at all levels and proactively manage risks and escalations – excellence across sales and delivery and ability to gain a trusted partner status with executives across clients
- Profitability: Drive industry benchmark margins through optimal usage of all key levers (E.g. Shoring, Pyramid, Utililzation, Automation, Commercial models etc.) without compromising on growth i.e. investing in the right areas ahead of growth such as training, solutions etc.
- Technology thought leadership: Identify, incubate and scale transformational service offerings aligned to industry trends and client burning platforms
- Leadership: Full responsibility of motivating and scaling team through exemplary display of commitment to Mindtree ethics and values and ability to collaborate with stakeholders across functions and business units to deliver value to both clients and Mindtree
Technical Degree required; Computer Science or Electronics Engineering Degree desired; Master Degree is desired.