About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
About the Microgrid department
Renewables and energy storage are driving massive changes in the power sector, enabling access to cheaper, more distributed power to communities and businesses around the world and especially in emerging economies. Aggreko recognizes and embraces fully this energy transition. The Microgrid team aims to bring the best of thermal power, renewables and energy storage to deliver cheap, reliable and flexible solutions tailored to our customers’ needs.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
· Regional sales lead for Aggreko’s microgrid offering
· Support local businesses in the microgrid sales process by providing strong technical and commercial expertise in the subject
· Foster innovative solutions which are repeatable and scalable.
· Jointly accountable for converting opportunities to contract wins.
· Build local partnerships with key players in the renewables / microgrid sector
· Ensure excellent coordination between regional business development managers and central microgrid team
· BS or MS in mechanical or electricalengineering (or equivalent)
· Additional business degree, MBA preferred (or equivalent)
· Substantial experience in the energy sector, preferably with a solar/wind developer or an Independent Power Provider (IPP)
· Good understanding of off grid power systems and hybridisation of distributed energy resources
· Proven track record negotiating and signing complex electricity supply agreements such as Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) – Understanding of associated key commercial/ contractual terms
· Strong commercial skills, demonstrable track record in executing well / delivering results
· Excellent analytical skills
· Experience in putting together commercial proposals, presentations
· Experience engaging with utilities and regulatory bodies in the power sector
· Personal skills/experience
· Proven ability to interact throughout the organisation with technical and business people
· Proven ability to draw key economic drivers from technical discussions, understanding how to create competitive advantages from combining various technologies
· Customer focused, resilient and tenacious, comfortable being a change agent, comfortable using critical reasoning and judgement to make good decisions in a fast paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work over multiple levels of organisations and comfortable operating at C-level
· International experience beneficial
· Ability to travel
· Fluent in English
· One otherlanguage desirable
What role is the successful candidate likely to be carrying out at present?
· Senior business development manager / BD director for a renewable or conventional IPP