About the Position
The Sales Incentive / Compensation Design Leader is responsible for leading bonus and incentive plan design that drives growth and profitability for Goodyear Retail in engaging ways for bonus eligible associates. This leader should bring a fresh perspective and creative thought process to bonus plan design, while being able to model/ assess the impact of any proposed changes. The Bonus and Incentives Leader must be able to clearly and effectively communicate to Retail leadership and creatively facilitate communication all the way to the store level bonus eligible associate.
- Lead the creative thought process and design of building new bonus and incentive plans for Retail field-based associates. Look at bonus plans holistically and consider what results we want each group of bonus eligible associates to drive. Establish measures of success for bonus plans (i.e. what do results under a successful bonus plan look like). Create plans that incentivize the right results and behaviors to drive sales and profitability, while maintaining high levels of guest satisfaction.
- Build financial models and assess ranges of potential impact of any proposed bonus and incentive changes. Determine cost/ benefit relationship of potential changes (i.e. what will the payout be at certain ranges of performance).
- Clearly and concisely communicate proposed changes to Retail and field leadership. Find ways to facilitate creative and effective communication of bonus plan information and results to the store level bonus eligible associates.
- Measure results of implemented bonus plans to determine if they are achieving the desired results. Where applicable, benchmark against other organizations or industry standards.
- Establish appropriate level of stable bonus plans and periodic contests to drive results and keep ongoing excitement around bonus plans and associate engagement.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5+ years in Finance, Sales Incentive, Consulting or related field
- Minimum of 2+ years designing & implementing bonus plans
- Experience designing bonus plans in a Retail environment is desired
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Bring a balanced mix of a creative, but disciplined approach to bonus plan design
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and creatively
- Strong Excel and financial modeling skills to assess impact of proposed bonus plan changes and to measure actual results