To generate downstream market demand and brand name recognition for siding, decking & value added OSB products by calling on builders, multi-family (townhouse/condo’s) developers, and architects for the sole purpose of pulling sales through the distributionnetwork. This position works closely with Channel & Market Development Managers, but reports to the General Sales Manager.
- Develop prospective target list of volume builders (50+ homes a year), multi-family developers, and large contractors for their assigned area using newspapers, business directories, and permit services. This prospective target list should be structure in a database format using our Account/Opportunity Profile Sheet and reviewed with our GSM, MDM & CM.
- Visit sub-divisions, take pictures of homes, and prepare presentation for business calls with builders, contractor, or developers.
- Make sales product presentations to these prospective targets at either their office or job site for the sole purpose of generating a pull through flow of orders for our distributionnetwork.
- Maintain knowledge of company products by reviewing new product literature, case studies, and builders.
- Provide product installation training seminars for contractors & develop a thorough understanding installation cost.
- Interface with the CM’s & MDM’s and our distributionnetwork to advise them of ours sales activity and progress. In addition, provide strong follow through on the field sales initiatives.
- Submit a monthly Field Sales Report on our sales accomplishments and up coming sales opportunities to the GSM.
- Prepare for and represent the company at industry trade shows.
- Maintain Channel database of builder calls and profiles.
- Entertain customers and prospects.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Provides input into annual operating budget and adheres to annual operating budget.
- May occasionally be assigned special projects.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven /demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership and clarity to personnel and organizations both internally and externally.
- Understanding of specification process to leverage sales outcomes at bid/award stages. Prior major project involvement and product development research in the architectural community.
- Technical competence in Building Systems-building envelope, IPD, construction processes and other prioritized initiatives/platforms at the corporate level.
- Ability to coordinate and support cross functional teams to satisfy project selling, tracking, specification and contract negotiations. Understanding of customer dynamics in the Architectural & Owner communities.
- Ability to give professional presentations at an advanced level (issue/need/trends oriented and technically specific)
- Human resource management. Training in recruiting and developing middle management personnel.
- Strong ability to manage many projects and product focuses at one time with effectiveness to execute on time and on budget.
- Strong mathematical skills, experience developing forecasts, budgets, business cases and value propositions.
- Knowledge of local and national building practices where LP products provide a solution.
- Strong consulting skills and relationship building skills.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to navigate through business and market changes and adjust plans accordingly.
- Must be able to develop business plans and put forth a vision that complies with the organization, but charters the waters for sales growth.
- Must have strong resolve to make difficult decisions that are good for the organization.
- Ability to work in teams and rally internal support on key initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to present effectively at the VP and Executive Level of national accounts.
- Proficient in MS Office to include; Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Effective problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce (CRM).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field. Masters’ degree is preferred.
- Registered Architect (RA) or Advanced degrees within CSI (CCPR, CCCA, CCS) highly desirable.
- 10 + years in specification sales or sales related management with a track record of successful sales attainment and performance in roles of increased responsibility.
- 5 years of demonstrated people management with a track record of success
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Frequently travels (75%) to builders, contractors, architect sites for customer presentations and sales calls.
- Works in an office setting, sitting at a desk or computer terminal.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to see clearly at close range, arm’s length, and at a distance.
- Occasionally required to lift objects weighing 100lbs.
- Frequently required to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Occasionally is exposed to extremetemperatures, dust, noise, and chemicals.