Teknor Apex Company is a privately held, global material science company founded in 1924 and headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We manufacture for our eight divisions in 9 locations in the U.S., and one each in Singapore, China, Belgium and Germany.
In all our businesses we pride ourselves on our commitment to technical innovation, quality products and custom service. Positions offered are both challenging and rewarding and have excellent growth opportunities.
The Sales Forecasting Analyst will be accountable for the Consumer Products Demand Forecasting & Management ofFinished Goods. Effectiveness of this role will be measured through improved FG forecast accuracy, optimized inventory, and improved demand fulfillment. Critical to the success of this role is the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders including sales, marketing, manufacturing, finance, and supply chain functions. This position reports to the Consumer Products Business Manager.
- Demand Forecasting & Management -Position has demand management responsibility for the Consumer Products division and provides essential data that allows a cross-functional leadership team to make the best decision related to sales forecast outputs
- Manage a regular (monthly) Consumer Products forecasting process at both the detail and aggregated level
- Analyze trends and historical sales utilizing advanced statistical techniques to drive continuous improvements and configure the forecasting process to be more flexible and customer-centric
- Capture account management team exception based forecast revisions
- Work with Business Unit stakeholders; production, sales, product management, channel marketing, and financeto establish preliminary sales plan that will assist in establishing sales and production budgets
- FG Inventory Management
- Regularly monitor & manage inventory levels and plant production towards FG Forecast requirements, identify gaps, and work with Business Team and Plants to establish alternate supply options
- Analyze trends and historical sales against forecast models to identify opportunities to improve FG inventory positions to meet customer demand requirement
- S&OP Process
- Lead the S&OP process to enable demand-supply balancing analysis and final monthly reconciliation of theforecast
- Review and assess risk to supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate risk
- Consult/communicate regularly with functional teams including buyer planners, sales, marketing, operations, finance, and customer service to obtain/share relevant data and insights
- Business Reporting Function
- Daily Sales Report
- Daily Production Tracker
- Supply Chain KPI's
- Compliance with all policies, procedures, and rules as established.
- Establish exit strategy for depletion of finished goods due to change in construction or discontinuation
- Position will be required to understand top ten customer supply chain process and direction
Qualifications & Competencies
- Four-year college degree
- Four to six years' of business experience with strong emphasis on analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills to lead & communicate forecasting process to cross-functional stakeholders, including business managers and senior management
- Professional designations, such as APICS certifications in Supply Chain Management a plus.
- Ability to review multiple data points to draw conclusions and make recommendations – strong analytical skillsrequired
- Proficiency in ERP/MRP/S&OP systems
- Strong knowledge of MRP/Planning
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Strong mathematical aptitude and spreadsheet skills including Excel
- The ability to think logically through a problem and communicate complex concepts clearly
- Interpersonal skills to work productively and collaboratively on multi-functional teams
- Ability to perform in a team environment as well as individually, along with a sense of urgency, tenacity and self-motivation
- Ability to work & influence across cultures & regions to achieve a common goals
- A bias toward best-practice and action
- Up to 10% domestic travel may be expected.