The Sales Executive is responsible for selling new Verizon products and services within an assigned account base of high value existing enterprise customers. The Sales Executive will utilize prospecting and networking skills to identify complex strategic, solution-based sales opportunities and pursue them to generate business outcomes for the customer.
The Sales Executive will own the sales process, from prospecting through close, for new products and services within their assigned account base. They will refer leads for renewals and migrations to the Account Manager or Customer Service, as appropriate.
- Uncover and develop senior C-level executive relationships within assigned accounts.
- Partner with the Account Manager on the development of the Strategic Account Plan, which is shared with customers to align new products and services to agreed-upon business outcomes.
- Develop and implement opportunity pursuit plans based on customer and industry analysis, which includes preparing executive profiles and continuously studying industries, business challenges and trends.
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate opportunity plans and review/update and communicate these on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with the Solutions Architect and Product Specialists for technical value proposition and approved architectures and designs.
- Understand and articulate Verizon’s differentiation, inclusive of functionality, features, and benefits, to competitors’ products and services.
- Create proposals with a clear value statement, deal economics and customer benefits while coordinating with PCM to price and shape sales proposals.
- Respond to qualified RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs.
- Lead contract negotiations for new products and services.
- Maintain forecast pipeline and reports and qualify sales opportunities.
- Complete ongoing VES training, continue business, industry and account education and complete expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
What we’re looking for...
You have demonstrated in previous roles: proven track record in consultative or outcome-based selling, strong leadership skills, and an ability to operate in positions requiring significant self-direction, motivation and autonomy.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- The ability to cultivate new complex relationships and new business opportunities by aligning with both IT and Business Units to understand business problems and develop solutions.
- Knowledge/understanding of the customer’s environment as it relates to their specific sector.
- Ability to identify sector trends and drivers, understand key applications that solve business problems in a sector, and deliver solutions that meet customers’ specific needs/requirements.
- Understanding of the customer’s business, inclusive of financial business cases that deliver value to the business through a compelling ROI and/or TCO model.
- Knowledge of functionality, features and benefits of VES products and is capable of working independently on complex sales opportunities.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of outcome-based selling and how to leverage relevant tools to improve sales.
- Understanding and active application of effective negotiation techniques.
- A proven track record of exceeding annual sales plan.
- Ability to articulate client business value with outcome-based selling approaches, through proposals and oral presentations.
- Understand the delivery implications of consulting opportunities and selling solutions that Verizon can deliver.
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous, dynamic environment and balance competing demands and priorities
- Ability to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area at a senior level.