Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doingThe Sales Executive is responsible for sales and account management within assigned (territory) existing primary and secondary customers to include sale of AmerisourceBergen products and solutions, customer retention, contract compliance, overall contracting, as well as solution implementation. In addition, the Sales Executive will be responsible for new business prospecting and sales in the specific independent retail and alternate care pharmacy business segments within a specific customer assignment (territory). The Sales Executive is also responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service excellence and experience, that they remain a uniquely differentiated, highly valued, customer resource by proactively and continually advancing their personal knowledge, skills and expertise in a way that separates them from the competition. AmerisourceBergen believes the winning combination relies on being a company with innovative, differentiated and superior solutions, services and people. It is our competitive advantage.
Field Based Representatives - Must be willing to travel extensively (including overnight and weekend travel) within the assigned customer base and geographic territory.
All Representatives must be willing to travel to events such as conferences, national and district sales meetings.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers to ensure continued business and successful renewals, driving profitable growth and retention of current CSP customers within the CSP Silver, Priority, and Hi-potential segments.
- Meets or exceeds specific business sales targets, set in cooperation with the District Director, for revenue, profit and margin growth with existing primary and secondary customers in the independent retail and alternate care pharmacy segment within a specific customer assignment (territory) via account penetration.
- Meets business targets related to the sale of specific solutions. AmerisourceBergenâ€™s suite of offerings includes, but is not limited to, solutions such as Good Neighbor Pharmacy, Business Coaching, PRxO Generics, and Elevate Provider Network, etc.
- Ensure ongoing contract compliance from existing customers (such as generics penetration) by reinforcing the total value of the prime vendor agreement (PVA), and proactively addressing/resolving any reasons for non-compliance. Negotiates Prime Vendor Agreements (PVA) with current customers and implement new PVAs resulting in continual retention of profitable accounts in the individual sales assignment.
- Is responsible for taking secondary customers to primary by executing sales expansion using ABCâ€™s Suite of Offerings.
- Is responsible for prospecting and developing new business leads within the territory, in collaboration with the Business Development team. Responsible for closing smaller deals not assigned to the Business Development team.
- Negotiates Prime Vendor Agreements (PVA) with current customers and implements new PVAs resulting in continual retention of profitable accounts in the individual sales assignment.
- Leads the onboarding of new customers within the assigned segments, as well as implementation of customer solutions, by effectively collaborating with functional departments to ensure full adoption, value realization and an ongoing excellent customer experience.
- Partners across functional and organizational lines by engaging and working directly and collaboratively with subject matter experts during the sales process to execute sales expansion and maintenance strategies using ABCâ€™s Suite of Offerings to address customer specific needs ; subject matter expects include the Corporate Marketing & Solution groups, PHS, PRxO Generics, accounts receivable, GNP, CARE, etc.
- In cooperation with the District Director, create an annual strategic plan for achieving your business goals, utilizing sales reporting tools ongoing to identify and analyze opportunities to expand current customer business.
- Performs analysis and interprets insights from relevant CSP/ABC resources (e.g,, sales center of excellence, HUB, insights, etc.), acting to improve performance individual accounts/across the territory; acts on district director and RVP feedback
- Creates an operationally efficient daily territory call plan. Effectively and efficiently manages the assigned territory with a regular call cycle that results in the delivery of appropriate/defined customer touches while also making off-cycle, discretionary calls, as situations require.
- Continually maintains and inputs account activity/results information and tracks interactions in the CRM and other appropriate sales management tools
- Develops and maintains a strong base of working knowledge of the retail and alternate care customers and markets through the use of ABC training, District Director coaching, display of market/customer business curiosity, industry information and company literature, which allows for successful execution of ABC sales strategies and commercial insights.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)Requires a demonstrated history of successful application of consultative selling skills in a diverse customer marketplace resulting in improved customer sales.
- Broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education are required.
- Normally requires five (5) plus years directly related and progressively responsible sales experience.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, retail and alternate care segments is desirable.
- Working knowledge of retail, Specialty Rx, and alternate care industries, trends, and challenges facing customers
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and adapt communication style to various audiences
- Ability to actively listen and influence others with different points of view
- Organizational agility, demonstrated success working collaboratively with internal business partners.
- Advanced understanding of financial concepts relevant to maximizing sales profit (e.g. profit and loss statements, value)
- Excellent customer service skills to address potential issues through channels such as Customer Care without compromising selling-focused conversation
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change, and successfully monitor multiple tasks without sacrificing quality or timeliness of work
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong time management skills; ability to schedule customer appointments in advance
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-California-Remote
Other LocationsUnited States-California-Riverside, United States-California-Corona, United States-California-Mira Loma
This is a remote position supporting the Riverside/San Bernardino, CA territory. The ideal candidate must reside within the assigned region.