The IT world is evolving. New technologies. New trends. New opportunities. There’s true excitement surrounding the future. That’s where QTS comes in. We’re fearlessly leading the way by redefining what it means to be a data center. We innovate next-generation cloud and hybrid solutions. We deliver a fully-integrated I.T. platform from top to bottom – one enabled by technology and world-class infrastructure. Simply put, we’re defining the curve.
As one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing data center companies, we help manage and protect critical data during a time of unprecedented change. The power of QTS' innovation happens when smart, creative people with a unified vision collaborate to break new ground, solve new problems, and create new solutions to improve lives.
We are powered by our people.
At QTS, we know where IT is going. And we’d like to invite you to join us.
The Commercial Sales Executive is responsible for identifying and generating sales of QTS solutions within an assigned geographic region. This position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual who possesses the ability to achieve assigned goals and generate new business. The successful candidate must demonstrate experience selling a broad product portfolio, including data center outsourcing, co-location and cloud, and identifying which of these products and services best meet the customer need. The target audience for our services are CIO, VP, and Director-Level Infrastructure and IT positions.
The ideal candidate will be an established and networked sales account executive who has the polished written and verbal skills to communicate with new and existing customers. One must seek to understand the customer and their needs as well as the foresight to uncover solutions they may not know they need. At QTS we are very focused on the customer and in this role, one must have a passion for complex problems and finding effective and simply solutions for them. One will be successful in this role if they tackle a customer’s need with a well thought out complete solution.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams and to utilize our internal teams (Sales Engineering, Site Operations, Marketing, Channel) to quickly identify and build solutions based on prospects and customers’ needs and requests to drive new business
- Develop a sales strategy that ensures over-achievement of assigned goals
- Generate new business by leveraging existing relationships, cold calling and following up on leads
- Present client with a final proposal that addresses business requirements, overcomes objections and enables QTS to win business with maximum revenue and margin
- Ability to generate new sales opportunities by leveraging partners that are QTS’ extended sales force
- Serve as liaison between the client and internal teams to provide outstanding level of service
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts to management
- Ensure opportunity management information is kept up to date in Salesforce
- BS/BA required or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of related I/T sales experience with an emphasis on solution selling of data center, infrastructure, and cloud
- Experience selling into the assigned geographic region
- Experience selling in a channel friendly organization
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM
- Knowledge of VMware cloud products and the larger cloud ecosystem
- Existing channel/partner relationships in the assigned geographic region
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven consultative approach and methods
- Product expertise in virtualization and cloud computing
- Proven track record of success in enterprise accounts
- Proven methodologies for prospecting new business
- History of quota over-achievement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams such as sales engineering to drive new business
- Consultative selling to CXO, VP and I/T Director levels
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations at a high growth company
Job ID 2018-2110