Benevity is looking for a passionate, driven Sales professional with a track record of success in the B2B software space. You have a consultative approach (you get excited about being a true partner with clients), excellent relationship management skills and genuinely enjoy working with prospects and clients to deliver outstanding solutions.
In this role, you will focus on client acquisition for Benevity’s workplace giving and volunteer management software solutions for Fortune 1000 companies. You will be a key contributor to Benevity’s growth and help our clients greatly improve the social and business impact of their workplace giving investments. You will build relationships, foster prospects, nurture the pipeline and sell Benevity’s SaaS solutions to enterprise clients. You are motivated by making a difference, helping clients achieve better results and the desire to be part of building the next phase of an innovative, mission driven software company.
Our Sales team members are located across North America, so we welcome exceptional, passionate applicants from all over the United States. At this point we are keen to find great candidates in Dallas, San Antonio, Denver and Seattle.
If making an impact matters to you, and working with a company that helps clients to change the world sounds like an exciting adventure, then read on!
What you will do
- Sell Benevity: acquire additional Mid Market clients (2-5K employees) for Benevity’s SaaS solution (meet or exceed sales goals)
- Own the sales cycle - from lead generation to closure: foster prospects; build relationships; cultivate a consultative sales approach; manage the sales process through responsive, proactive and client-focused communication and client management; understand the nuances of the buying process and effectively leverage internal and external resources to close your opportunities
- Provide consultative selling: through expertise and recommendations, your ability to solution for the needs of the client will increase the quality of product and service provided to clients. You will also be able to offer well-rounded Benevity solutions; do your research to act and think like a market expert (not a product pusher)
- Goal-focus: you will have an excitement and determination to meet or exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Problem solve you will find ways to improve our business, products, approach and client programs – you listen critically to enhance, improve and augment Goodness programs at each step of the way
- Collaborate: you will partner with our Client Services team to foster the transition from Sales Cycle to Client Implementation
What you bring
- Five to seven years of local (put State Name here, i.e. Texas, Washington) experience in a sales function with increasing responsibilities. Pre-existing local relationships with large corporations are essential and we will consider all relevant industries and roles including but not limited to – technology sales, non-profit fundraising, business development, and account management. If sales only experience, then non-profit volunteer or board work a plus (but not mandatory)
- Strong experience in active solicitation and sales process management of corporations and foundations. Corresponding success of negotiating and closing contractual deals to exceed quota (consistent Presidents’ Club Achievement a bonus). Consciously create and tailor a win strategy to each conversation – no two deals are the same.
- Effective and inspiring storyteller and presenter, with the ability to connect technology with longer term vision and goals. This includes excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with the ability to create, edit and present collateral material.
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 20+ opportunities at any given time that represent the highest priority opportunities for each market assigned. Excitement to seek out and build new organizational relationships to nurture and develop on an ongoing basis.
- Desire to make a larger impact in the world by giving organizations and non-profits alike the ability to effect change through engagement with technology. This includes expertise in technology demonstrations and the ability to leverage technology as a storytelling tool
- Embraces personal and joint accountability to achieve organizational goals, including sales collaboration, internal experts, or additional resources where relevant. Fosters cross functional strategies, collaborations and executions to be successful and fully aligned with overall goals and objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growth environment with limited structure and guidance
- Ability to look at each situation with adaptability, flexibility and innovation – a true desire to win and change the world
- Self-starter/high level of internal motivation to win and succeed
- Confidence with a healthy dose of humility, humour and passion
- Ability to travel 40-50% of time
What you can expect
- A once-in-a-career opportunity to join a mission-driven company on a growth trajectory in a unique, ultra-engaged culture.
- Join a team of innovative thinkers, keen to be part of a growing and well-funded company that is all about helping businesses create innovative corporate and workplace giving and other Goodness programs.
- Work in a fast-paced yet flexible environment for a dynamic, rapidly growing company with a history of proven success and stunning colleagues.