Avalara is looking for a Sales Executive to join a group of dynamic inside sales professionals. This individual will drive new sales growth within the Infor sales channel. Operating as part of a highly driven, high performing team, our Sales Executives are responsible for selling's Avalara sales tax compliance solutions and working with our partners to promote and increase sales to their customers. Avalara helps make sales tax compliance simple and automatic for businesses of all sizes and our sales team is passionate about our mission to help businesses achieve compliance by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
- Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about Avalara's solutions and offerings.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the marketplace, competitive offerings and other business issues relevant to the position.
- Use effective time management to maximize results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Avalara partners and other third parties to increase opportunities.
- Document daily sales activities in sales force automation tool, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to sales management.
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Avalara to help meet company objectives.
- Provide feedback from field experience to internal cross-functional teams with regard to product, selling, competitive, etc. matters.
- Interact constructively with internal colleagues and departments within Avalara.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience, finance degree a plus
- 3+ years of successful B2B sales experience with an emphasis on acquiring new customers/leveraging partner relationships
- Knowledge and expertise in the ERP, Ecomm, Billing or POS space
- Experience selling to "C" and "V" level Executives
- Documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas
- Consultative, solution-based sales methodology
- Knowledge of B2B marketing
- Sales experience with financial/accounting applications and/or hosted software solutions or the banking/financial services Industry is a strong plus
- Previous experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent PC and Internet skills, including experience using Microsoft Office, Outlook, automation tools and web presentation applications (Webex, GoTo Meeting, Placeware, etc.)
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Creative problem solver and quick learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion & influence