Intertek is a leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide. From auditing and inspection, to testing, training, advisory, quality assurance and certification, Intertek adds value for its customers by helping improve the quality and safety of their products, assets and processes. With a network of more than 1, laboratories and offices and over 36, people in more than 100 countries, Intertek supports companies’ success in the global marketplace, by helping customers to meet end users’ expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide.
Intertek's Electrical business line applies more than 100 years of product testing expertise to quickly and efficiently help clients meet safety, performance, environmental and quality requirements for every market they wish to enter. Our business spans a wide range of industries such as Medical, Lighting, Renewable Energy, HVACR, Appliances & Electronics, Hazardous Locations, Industrial Equipment, Life Safety & Security, IT & Telecom Equipment, Wireless Devices and Software.
The opportunity has arisen for a Sales Executive to join this global organization which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
This position is responsible for direct sales activity within an assigned territory. This position is also responsible for providing strategy for assigned sales leadership accounts. This position will spend at least 50% of the time outside of the office visiting clients, attending trade shows, etc. This position will:
- Report to the Sales Manager or other management designee.
- Sell Intertek’s services within assigned vertical, account and territory through effective client research, prospecting and networking.
- Meet with current and prospective customers via client presentations and participation at trade shows.
- Meet order and revenue quotas on a monthly basis.
- Write and follow up on proposals, specify appropriate standards and pricing; Follow through on sales transactions to ensure a superior customer experience for every project.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Meet all activity targets and log activity in to iConnect, as required.
- Prepare salesreports and forecasts, as required.
- Provide strategic oversight for assigned sales leadership accounts to facilitate revenue market share and growth, and facilitate sales either directly or with the support of a local sales representative.
- Perform other duties as required.
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5+ years successful direct salesexperience in Testing Inspection and Certification (TIC) industry; specifically, business to business salesexperience.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Must be energized and self-motivated and have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and to perform all clerical functions inherent to the position
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.