Sales Engineering Solutions Developers at IBM are customer-facing Software Engineers that articulate the value proposition to current and potential Cloud Brokerage customers by providing subject matter expertise within the Cloud Brokerage platform, and then build custom solutions to bridge the gap between current and potential customers’ business / technical needs and functionalities of current Cloud Brokerage products.
Delivered as a “as-a-Service” (including software and managed services), IBM Cloud Brokerage Services enables clients to adopt a new hybrid IT and multi-sourced operating model; specifically by brokering personalized cloud services from multiple providers throughout hybrid clouds using a single dashboard.
You are a Solutions Developer who will employ strong engineering skills and your natural ability to THRIVE in a fast-paced agile environment to…
- Participate in initial presentations of the Cloud Brokerage product to the customers and providing strategic envisioning of a solution which will work with CB product and customer’s legacy systems
- Integrate customer's public and private cloud service providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Softlayer, OpenStack, VMware, etc. with IBM Cloud Brokerage products
- Provide integration technology solutions based on proof of concept (PoC) or pilot implementation to the customer
- Participate in sales initiatives acting as Cloud Brokerage technical and integration expert.
- Coordinate with Sales, Architects and other Developers to map customer business needs to Cloud Brokerage functionalities
Why are you qualified for this role? Interacting with all levels of client staff and internal teams, the ability to develop complex technical solutions gathered from requirements originating from both technical and non-technical audiences comes naturally. The passion for helping clients succeed in designing and implementing modern technology solutions is in your DNA, and you employ demonstrated experience with cloud applications integration to achieve just that.
Who You’ll Work With
In this role, you are customer, business and technical audience facing. The SE Developer works well with diverse teams, and will interact with such entities as Cloud Brokerage Sales, internal Product Management and Engineering organizations (including the IBM Center of Competency). You’ll of course work with other Developers, Enterprise Architects and Sales Engineers, often co-owning PoC delivery to ensure that the proposed architecture is properly scoped and in-line with customer goals and business / technical requirements.
IBM Cloud Brokerage Service provides optimum integration into Enterprise IT systems (e.g. Private Cloud, Traditional IT, Single Sign On, Service Management, Managed Services) in a dedicated instance for each customer… and we’re hiring. Join us.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud technologies (private and public).
- 3+ years of experience in programming with one of the following languages: Python, C#, PowerShell, or Java.
- Solid understanding of centralized configuration management and provisioning technologies (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Skillful in explaining complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good communications skills in conveying different solution options to long-term effects of those solutions / decisions.
- Strong analytical, deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with SDLC and agile/iterative methodologies
- Familiarity with professional application of Docker and Containers.
- Ability to travel (including internationally) as needed.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Integration experience with enterprise tools and back office systems
Eligible to work without visa sponsorship