- Attend customer meetings in person and via the phone/web.
- Prepare technical proposals and presentations in conjunction with Sales Executives, which may include preparation of network topologies, network drawings, technical specifications, and assisting with the development of pricing requests.
- Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Analyzes customers business needs and develops strategies based on knowledge of customer’s current communications network, equipment and business on how company can competitively meet customer’s needs.
- Required to follow industry technology trends through self-study and formal training.
- Participate in strategic and tactical account planning.
- Lead cross-market and corporate engineering teams to support regional/national inter-market opportunities.
- Provides technical training and development to support the Corporate Account teams.
- Perform other support duties, as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skill & Abilities
- Requires a professional demeanor and appearance with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Strong background in networking, IP routing protocols:
- MAN/WAN technologies including Carrier Ethernet, IP-VPN/MPLS, and WDW
- IP Transit, Peering, TCP/IP, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Cable DOCSIS and PON systems
- Layer 1 Access Networks (Optical, Hybrid Fiber Coaxial, Twisted Pair Copper)
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking and protocols (Switching, VLANs, Spanning Tree Protocol, Routing protocols, and Security)
- Voice networking technologies including VoIP, SIP, TDM, and Hosted PBX
- Should have the ability to clearly define how a network topology should look from top down. Should have knowledge SD-WAN and the role it plays. Candidate should know Voice and VoIP technologies and products.
- Experience with optical transport and WDW systems
- Experience with Cisco, Ciena, and Adva Ethernet and optical systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting telecommunications services to Enterprise accounts
- Must have a proven track record of building, executing technical solutions and sales strategies to penetrate, close, and manage Enterprise accounts
- Experience in strategic account positioning with Executive level
- Strong Computer Skills – including working knowledge of MS Office products, Visio, Databases such as Sugar, NI2, NIMS and Google Earth to start.
- Experience with various CRM tools
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University; or equivalent training, education and experience
- Industry certifications for Cisco such as (CCNA, CCNP) or Juniper (JNCIA/ENT) preferred or equivalent. Security certifications such as CEH, CBROPS, CISS or equivalent.
- MEF-CECP 2.0
Take Care of the Customer
Take Care of Each Other
Do What We Say We Are Going To Do
RCN/Grande/Wave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other’s differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Bachelors or better.
5 years: Experience supporting telecommunications services to Enterprise accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)