We are looking for high-energy, dynamic professionals who want to work for a growing global company and would love to take a bite out of the networksecuritylandscape. WatchGuard has deployed nearly a million of its integrated, multi-function threat management appliances worldwide and that number is rapidly growing. Of course, we recognize that there are a lot of security solution companies out there, but at the end of the day our product platforms yield dramatically higher performances than many of our competitors. We provide a solution that is scalable with hardware advances, utilizes best-of-breed technology, includes award-winning visibility tools, and is generally awesome all around.
But, you don’t have to take our word for it. WatchGuard is one of the most highly awarded companies in networksecurity. We have won an array of awards, recognitions, reviews, 5-star ratings, and shout-outs. And the recognitions keep piling up.
Unleash the beast and join RED. Apply to WatchGuard today!
The Sales Engineer is responsible for generating revenue within an assigned geographic area. They are responsible for directly engaging end users to stimulate business through indirect sales channels such as value added resellers (VARs), national resellers and distributors, and to serve as liaisons to channel partners with regards to any sales-related service and support issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and expand technical relationships with key “indirect” reseller partners in territory
- Drive revenue growth through identified reseller partners to end customers by providing pre-sales technical support and technical trainings
- Assist Territory Sales Managers with pre-sales and post-sales support
- Assist in increasing VAR and end user adoption of WatchGuard’s products through events and training (seminars, web trainings, technical trainings, etc.)
- Drive coordination of technical resources as needed to close prospective opportunities
- Maintain reseller account information (technical contact / profile information, etc.)
- Identify and report on competitive trends (products, promotions, etc.) in territory
- Escalate and resolve reseller / end customer issues when appropriate
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Certifications/ Licenses, Competencies
- BA/BS or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five (5) years technical or equivalent experience in related industry
- Appropriate technical certifications required
- Proven track record in pre-sales and post sales activities
- Consistent achievement of assigned objectives and quotas
- Technical knowledge of networking infrastructure and Internet security systems
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to work in a dynamic sales environment
- Effectively manage territory expenses.