Trimble Vegetation Manager (TVM) is a newly released work-cycle solution helping electrical utilities to provide a safe, reliable, and cost-effective power supply in North America. Leveraging technologies across remote sensing, GIS, web and mobile, we aim to transform how utilities manage the ongoing challenge of the natural environment on overhead networks.
In this position, you will become a TVM product expert and act as a bridge between clients, engineering, and product development. You will demonstrate the product to potential clients, with our sales team, coordinating technical answers and collate ideas and feedback. Armed with this understanding, you will work closely with the product team and generate product configurations to emphasize the product capabilities and show how it is highly relevant to practical industry needs. You will liaise with the infrastructure and licensing teams to maintain development, master and demonstration instances of the system and enable implementation teams to use this information for contracted rollouts.
You will have the ability to be creative, shape the product based on your conversations and build professional relationships across Trimble and with a range of clients. You will support related R&D and product development activities that cross this domain and be a part of an exciting initiative aimed at supporting a fundamental piece of national infrastructure.
- Provide detailed, responsive demos for qualified clients, tailoring content and workflows as required in order to make the demonstration resonate
- Building and maintaining strong knowledge of industry requirements, drivers, and challenges in order to gain customer acceptance and guide technical interactions
- Answer or follow up on specific technical questions raised in client meetings, including specific configuration actions to show how client needs can be met
- Contribute to tenders and quotes with the client and product knowledge gained in meetings and follow-ups.
- Capture VoC during meetings and feedback into the product management team as feature requests and configuration updates
- Work proactively to identify opportunities to configure all modules to reflect broad customer situations, demonstrate key capabilities, and leverage the depth of capability in the underlying data models and software entities.
- In concert with the product management team, create updates to baseline configurations that further tailor the software to realistic user cases and scenarios
- Prove out end-to-end use of the system from the real-world user perspective by building demonstration narratives with representative data and activities
- Configure and maintain development, master, and demonstration environments of the product system
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action
- Contribute to the development of product training material to support sales, partner, and implementation effectiveness
Skills, Abilities & Experience Preferred:
- Strong interpersonal communications skills: presentations, verbal and written
- IT general knowledge inclusive of software development, system configuration, and implementation
- Creativity and lateral thinking, ability to relate customer requirements and concepts to current and future products
- Technical experience in utilities/asset management, utility/AM contract organizations, or utility AM or field service system providers
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Domain knowledge in one or more of the following: GIS, asset management, electrical utility, or fieldwork management
- Experience in enterprise systems sales process and implementation