Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
Locations: Dallas, TX
The Sales Engineer (SE) is the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their pre-sales customers. The SE will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our pre-sales customers to help close deals by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide detailed technical knowledge of Trend Micro software products in the pre-sales context in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment under minimal supervision
- Provide Proof of Concept service to pre-sales customers and help clients with planning and implementation of Trend Micro products
- Will provide software and network troubleshooting in complex customer environments
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current and beta products
- Share best practices with other SEs to enhance quality of service and efficiency
- Provide product training and mentoring when required
- Contribute to building the SE Readiness Program and develop Subject Matter Expertise in assigned products and solutions
- Will travel regionally (about 30-50%) to deliver sales presentations to customers as well as marketing and user group events
- Channel feature requests to Product Management to enhance Trend Micro products
- Participate in alliance projects including building vendor and customers relationships
- BS degree or combination of: education and pre-sales experience in Security Software and Systems.
- 5+ years Sales Engineering and/or professional services experience required
- 5+ years’ experience with various Computer Software and Systems
- 5+ years’ experience with various Content Security Software and Systems
- Experience with VMware vCenter and View/VDI.
- Network Infrastructure Experience is a plus
- Solid multi-tasking and problem resolution abilities
- Self-starter and Quick learner with desire to learn new tools and technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer service, account management and negotiation skills, with the ability to interface with a diverse set of clients
- Moderate coaching and mentoring skills are essential
- Microsoft - Windows, Active Directory, System Center, Exchange, SQL and IIS
- Experience with Linux, PostreSQL, Lotus Notes and Domino is a plus
- Host Based Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, File Integrity Monitoring, Antivirus, Data Loss Protection, Endpoint Encryption, E-Mail and Web Gateway Security, e-mail encryption, Penetration Testing, SysLog, SIEM...
- VMware vCloud Director Experience and Familiarity with Amazon AWS is a plus
- Citrix XenDesktop and Provisioning Services experience is a plus
- Routing, Switching, Edge Firewalls, Load Balancing
One or more of the following certifications or related experience is desired:
- VCP – VMware Certified Professional
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- MCP – Microsoft Certified Professional
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Linux/Solaris/UNIX System Administration
- CLP - Certified Lotus Professional