Auto req ID: 5612BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
The role of the Senior Sales Engineer is to partner with the dedicated Delta Account Management Team in order to understand the customer’s technical requirements, develop airline IT solutions that may use a range of Travelport existing products or new infrastructure, gain technical closure for the customer and thus drive sales revenue to meet regional goals. The Sales Engineer, through direct participation supports all regional sales initiatives which require technical input.
- Work across all partners and stakeholders for the Delta account, in addition to the Product, Infrastructure, Architecture and other central teams to ensure solutions are viable, sustainable and add commercial value to our sales.
- Develop strong relationships with the customer’s high-level technical people
- Consult directly with Delta Air Lines in all phases of the pre-sales and proposal management life cycle
- Conduct business analysis to establish customer business and functional requirements, key business drivers/buying criteria and solution design
- Evaluate alternatives, cost implications and design creative solutions based on customer requirements
- Contribute largely in the writing of the solution and technical content for new proposals
- Design presentations and provide onsite sales presentation/demo support to existing and potential new customers
- Evaluate customers’ current technical capabilities and conduct needs assessment, including platforms, hardware, operating systems, interface messaging (e.g., XML, EDIFACT, etc.)
- Evaluate product functional requirements based on customer business models and practices (e.g.,order management, direct distribution.)
- Evaluate degree of compatibility to our solutions, identify functional gaps, and make recommendations during the sales qualification process
- Recognize new business opportunities in this account as well as assisting the Account Management to generate and maintain a pipeline of opportunities for Travelport’s products and services.
- Establish metrics to measure the financial and/or service improvements expected through business solutions
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Masters degree or equivalent experiencedesired.
- 10 years of related technical sales experience the travel industry or other technology industry, product management and deep knowledge of Travelport products
- Deep knowledge of the airline point solutions and infrastructure related capabilities
- Strong consultative selling skills and strong experience supporting technology sales pursuits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to work with and influence all levels of internal employee’s (peers, Managers, Directors, Vice Presidents) and external customers including financial, analytical, revenue management, purchasing and operations staff, senior executive (frequently at C-level), as well as technical stakeholders. Must be able to adapt communication styles to communicate effectively with and influence this broad range of client groups (including ability to make highly technical issues straightforward for non-technicians.)
- Strong experience writing business and technical proposals for RFPs
- Strong out-of-the box thinking skills and excellent alternative generation and collaboration abilities
- Excellent organizational skills required and project management experiencedesired
- Excellent research, problem solving and analytical skills are required. Strong lateral thinking skills. As well as the ability to work on multiple major commercial solutions at the same time
- Good knowledge of computer programming architecture, network communications, system interfaces and industry-messaging standards desired
- All around knowledge of the airline, travel, hosting services, e-commerce, shopping and/or Fares&Pricing is essential
- The ability to undertake any or additional responsibilities as defined by his/her manager
- Articulate in local language and English (verbal and written)
- Job requires travel up to 40% of the time including international travel. Individual must possess or be able to acquire travel documents enabling them to meet international travel requirements of job
- The job requires not only a high level of technical skills and deep knowledge of Travelport products, but also a high level of consultancy skills and customer sales support skills.
- Strong emphasis is placed on the support of the AC group’s targeted sales revenue and improving overall customer satisfaction and retention within our client base.
- The job requires the ability to consistently demonstrate the ability to exceed customer expectations, work effectively in a team environment and consistently support overall Travelport’s business growth.
Individual contribution is required in the following areas in direct support of the following objectives:
- Improve the overall level and quality of technical sales support to enable the ACT and AC team to exceed annual revenue targets
- Improve customer satisfaction through better quality and coordination of technical account support between the AC group and the ACT Product group, through increased product knowledge and expertise
- Improve Travelport’s value propositions for the ACT product portfolio and the applicability to a broader range of customer stakeholders
- Implement a more consultative sales and account management approach for new and existing ACT clients
- Improve the qualification and needs assessment process during the sales cycles
- Improve and lead the coordination and standardization of the solution design process with Sales, Product Strategy and Product Development
- Improve ACT business development efforts by more closely integrating product, technical and business process expertise with the Commercial group
- Improve cost validation and project planning for specific sales opportunities
Job holder will be required to collaborate effectively across departments and organizational levels (internally and externally) including the ACT, Airline IT Account Management, Product Strategy, Product Development, Product Implementation, Tech Ops, Pricing, Finance, and Travelport executives.