The Sales Engineer is responsible for pre-sales technical engagement with the customer, product and technical presentations, including network designing.
This also involves demonstration of DASAN Zhone’s product capabilities, and assistance with lab and field trials. Candidate should have a strong technical background and knowledge of Mobile Back-Haul and Layer 2/3Ethernetnetworking. Candidate should also have knowledge of telecommunications Voice, Data, and Video networking. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with multiple audiences and levels within both internal and external organizations are required.
Responsibilities: · Pre and Post Sales technical support of DASAN Zhone’s network solutions
· Assist in the preparation of responses to RFPs
· Prepare system quotes for customers
· Make technical sales-oriented presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management
· Assist customers in configuring and testing products and networks in lab and field trials
· Provide expertise on particular technical issues or specific networkarchitectures and applications
· Work with customers to design and architect network solutions to their access, Ethernet and mobile-backhaul applications needs
· Conduct technical customer training sessions
· Capture, articulate, and prioritize customer requirements
· Provide input to strategic sales and marketing plans
· BSEE/BSCS desired
. 75% International travel in the Caribbean and Central America / Domestic travel in USA
. 7+ years experience in telecommunications
. Verifiable experience with GPON networks and access equipment in general
. Strong working knowledge of packet based Internet, VOIP, IPTV and Pseudo Wire Services, communication protocols and technologies
. Experience in technical sales and support in the Latin-American market (CALA)
. Excellent Presentation and communication skills in both English and Spanish
. Experience with Zhone equipment is a plus.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits
Location: Miami or Tampa, FL, USA.