The Enterprise Sales Engineer position is responsible for the scoping, planning, and managing product suite opportunities within enterprise level healthcare clients. The role acts as a product suite technical expert to the strategic planning efforts of clients. The role will serve as a means to building client value and retention propositions, and drive expansion with technical expertise and a client-first mentality that aligns with Stericycle’s Communication Solution’s organizational objectives.
The role will leverage their technical and sales skills to solicit business requirements, configure custom solutions, and effectively demonstrate a solution to address the clients’ requirements and delivers long-term business value. The role will be comfortable discussing and exploring all aspects of the product suite, and strategically planning how the business can fit into the unique and individual goals of specific targeted health systems. With a strong blend of technical expertise and creative problem solving the position will use a consultative approach with prospective clients to help develop and refine effective strategies and creative product suite solutions. The ability to discover business retention opportunities through strategic and technical opportunities is also vitally important for this role.
- Actively participate with the enterprise sales account teams on strategic planning and supporting the sales planning process through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities
- Establish cross-functional relationships and plans across the organization to ensure project requirements are timely, understood and well established with affected internal and external teams. This includes facilitating cross functional ComSol teams on current or prospective client business plans/proposals and ensures support and timely progress for the client business solution.
- Create and present technical proposals of how Stericycle products can be integrated and implemented with enterprise wide client’s systems and business strategy. Exhibit deep familiarity with the prospective clients’ business needs
- Primary accountability for the successful solution delivered including post-sale monitoring of client performance and growth; and, ongoing engagement of all aligned resources for large, enterprise wide clients.
- Provide oversight and direction of the Stericycle resource needs (e.g. IT, Product, Developmental) for current or prospective clients, which includes collaborating and leveraging cross functional resources to generate successful results.
- Pro-actively seeks out opportunities to leverage Stericycle’s enterprise technical platform through product enhancements to meet or anticipate the clients changing business needs
- Leverage technical expertise and a consultative approach to understand the unique needs of the prospective client and recommend a specific solution to address their technical requirements and benefit their business.
- Attain monthly, quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
- Conduct education sessions internally with internal stakeholder team members and externally with prospective clients – as required
- Oversee and manage technical due diligence and risk management with prospective clients
- Education equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Business Administration or the equivalent in related work experi-ence
- Minimum of five or more years previous experience; preferably for a B2B software company, or similar
- Process driven and Detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams across an organization.
- Experience working with large healthcare and/ or commercial accounts and selling at higher levels of the organization, is preferred
- Strong oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills; consultative and persuasive communication-style. Has demonstrated the ability to earn credibility and build rapport quickly with potential and current clients
- The ability to develop new ideas, systems and technology, and to analyze and improve on old ones. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important
- Possesses strong analytical and technical abilities and consistently delivers timely, high quality work through efficient planning
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to control the work process from beginning to end; ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- Must be able to operate within a fast-paced environment and have the ability to lead and control multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology and attaining quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.