The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
With millions of companies relying on Google Cloud, we regularly answer questions about security, privacy, reliability and compliance - the four pillars of Trust. As a Regional Security and Compliance Specialist you will utilize both your technical aptitude and exemplary communication skills to address Trust during frequent engagements with customers. You will work with sales, engineering, policy and legal personnel within Google. You will periodically serve as a Google representative when liaising with regulators and the public as it relates to our Google Cloud solutions.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Provide subject matter expertise on areas security, privacy and regulatory compliance to sales, marketing, product development, legal and policy teams.
- Support local sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, engaging customers to address trust concerns (presentations, technical discussions and other related activities).
- Assist policy personnel in technical conversations with policy makers, industry bodies and other third parties to advance Google’s message.
- Provide feedback to product management in the development of trust related features and support regional security and compliance accreditation projects.
- Develop programs to enhance knowledge of trust throughout the sales organization. Serve as a public advocate of cloud computing at conferences, industry training and related events.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, Law or Public Policy, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of work experience in the software or Internet industries.
- 4 years of work experience in the field of technology-related security, privacy or policy.
- 4 years of technical sales or field sales experience, with strong business knowledge; sales engineering or professional consulting experience.
- Understanding of security controls at the systems, network, and application level
- Strong knowledge of ISO 27001, SOC 2/3 audit, FedRamp, HIPPA, and risk management experience (e.g., ENISA).