Our Sales Engineers are passionate about working with prospects and customers to understand business and system requirements, identify and refine compelling use cases, showcase relevant product capabilities and engage in hands-on proof work. My client is well funded growing leader in providing open source big data analytics software to enterprise clients.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and continually refine deep product knowledge.
- Provide informational presentations and live software demonstrations.
- Participate in functional and technical discovery sessions.
- Lead whiteboarding sessions and/or work independently to map requirements to valid use cases that are addressed by product capabilities.
- Craft proposed solution architectures that address customer requirements and fit appropriately into their technology environment.
- Develop prototypes that showcase support for customer requirements.
- Address competitive differentiation and technical objection-handling as needed.
- Facilitate solution knowledge transfer to Consulting and industry partners.
- Support local marketing events and participate actively in the Community.
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Relational or NoSQL database, Big Data, Analytics and Integration technologies and architectures.
- Virtualization and Cloud knowledge.
- Visualization knowledge.
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies as needed.
- Client-facing experience:
- Consultative skills including data requirements gathering and data modeling, white boarding and developing/validating proposed solution architectures.
- Presentations and software demonstrations for audiences including technical and line-of-business decision makers.
- Delivery of informal or other product education to prospective users or project teams.
- Soft skills including effective communication, listening and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales-focused environment.
- Industry vertical experience, e.g. Financial Services, Retail, Government, Security or Telecommunication.
- Proficient written and spoken English communication skills
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years prior software pre-sales, professional services or other client-facing experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degreerequired.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel