SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sales Support Engineer is the primary technical resource for the Company. This person works in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate of our products. The Sales Support Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. This person identifies all technical issues of accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Maintain an up-to-date-working knowledge of all RFT product lines.
· Provide in-depth technical support to customers and the sales team, service team, and installation team members during the system sales and installation process.
· Work cooperatively with product management personnel to develop technical sales proposals for presentations.
· Deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
· Confer with customers, customer designated representatives, security consultants working with the customer and sales team to assess equipment needs, and to determine system requirements.
· Work closely with the Quote and Configuration team to ensure that systems are configured with the proper equipment before quotes are issued.
· Conduct onsite surveys as needed to ensure accurate quotes and configurations for projects.
· Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
· Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers.
· Participate in sales meetings, trade shows, training sessions, and coaching activities.
· Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing and emerging technologies, and the latest product line developments.
· Travel to customer/potential customer sites in an assigned territory.
· Other activities and additions as prescribed by management.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
Specific qualifications include:
· BS, preferably in a Technical related field.
· Must have 5+ years experience providing technical sales support.
· Experience working with customer IT departments highly desired
· Must have ability to read and understand blueprints, technical manuals and other instructions.
· PC skills are needed; experience utilizing word processing, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and contact management software is highly preferred.
· Professionalism, excellent organizational and communication skills (telephone and personal) are essential to this position.
· Should be able to function effectively as a member of a team, and be able to work cooperatively with personnel in all areas of the company.
· Must be customer driven and be able to understand customers' business needs. Must strive to exceed customer expectations and be solutions oriented.
· Must be well organized and focused.
· A willingness to travel is required (Approximately 70-90%).