The Horizontal Surface Pumps (HPS) Sales Engineer is responsible for growing market share and revenue with assigned accounts in addition to establishing and building relationships with assigned customers. This person promotes the sale of BL products and services to assigned accounts, utilizing field background expertise to match customer need with applicable solution. The Sales Engineer optimizes sales opportunities through in-depth knowledge of client activities and plans and communicates customer activity and sales opportunities through effective use of sales business systems/processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain client relationships
- Generate revenue from assigned accounts
- Identify and qualifies all sales leads and opportunities.
- Maintain accurate opportunity pipeline.
- Plan client calls and makes regular client visits to ensure appropriate call coverage of assigned accounts.
- Maintain customer for accounts, customer profiling, organizational chart, visit reports, and customer drivers.
- Work with management to develop sales goals and coordinate sales plans for the promotion of existing services and products and the introduction of new services and products.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive products and services.
- Contribute to multi-Business line activities.
- Support the marketing strategy of the business line.
- Monitor price structure and pricing levels and recommends necessary changes and price increases.
- Attend training courses to maintain knowledge of key technologies as well as competitor practices.
- Provide support for receivables management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering or other relevant field.
- Experience in the design or sales of horizontal surface pumps (HPS).
- 3 years + in oil and gas industry or relevant industrial experience.
- Horizontal surface pump design, optimization and troubleshooting knowledge preferable.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Opportunity Management.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.