What’s a Sales Engineer?
- Build relationships with existing Puppet customers using technical advocacy as a vehicle to ensure the value of Puppet solutions
- Discover technical challenges and craft automation strategies that provide tangible value to the business
- Develop and educate potential Puppet accounts using consultative depth and skill to showcase automation
- Drive demand for expansion of new products through use case design and demonstrations
- Create technical proposals that fulfill your customers business goals by leveraging automation value, building phased roadmap delivery, and aspirational vision leading to the technical closure of sales opportunities
- Work closely with peered Account Executives to align Puppet’s technical advantages to solve Customer’s Business Challenges
- Travel regionally in order to develop close account relationships and support sales activities
- Driven, independant, self motivated. There is never only one way to craft solutions to problems.
Who do SE’s collaborate with on a daily basis?
- Sales Account Executives and Management developing business opportunities in conjunction with your technical guidance and direction
- Professional Service Engineers delivering engagements based upon collaborative solutions designed together
- Technical Account Managers aligned with you to guarantee the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Peer SEs to share, collaborate, and build technical relationships leading to challenging opportunities that expand your knowledge and skills
- Product Management designing new solutions and pushing Puppet into new areas of the automation marketplace
What are the typical qualifications of an SE?
- You have 5 years or more of experience with using and positioning DevOps tools, workflows, automation solutions, integrating products
- You possess a comfort in front of audiences sharing your knowledge and presenting your solutions
- You sift through information to find root causes or commonalities of issues, to find places for improvement, and think outside the box
- You enjoy collaboration and social interaction with peers and other high achievers
- You demonstrate a consultative background participating and leading projects driving technological change using DevOps or Automation
- You maintain a passion to constantly learn and grow your technical and social skills
- You successfully completed a Computer Science or similar Degree