Sales Engineer - Productivity Specialist
Wilmington, DE, United States
Here we grow again! Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence has a career opportunity for a Sales Engineer – Productivity Specialist who will be based in our Wilmington, Delaware location. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates seeking a career with an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization with a global presence!
As a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. We work with manufacturers to create solutions for the smart factory, where quality drives productivity.
As the Productivity Specialist, you will help to identify products that will optimize a machine's performance and operation, and recommend the latest technology to fill new needs while supporting our customers’ continuous improvement goals. You will be selling components to existing users of our equipment to help them realize gains in the productivity and profitability from their capital equipment now and in the future. Productivity tools like prove changers, software, controller retrofits, jig boxes, fixturing, components help our customers to make better use of our equipment.
Additional responsibilities will include
- Achieving unit and revenue targets for Aftermarket products in the specific territory
- As the software product champion, selling and interacting with other Hexagon-owned companies
- Promoting new software products, driving software-centric sales and Applications Engineering services
- Assuring customer satisfaction through discussion and suggestion of products and services
- Fostering long-term relationships with key customers
- Using Salesforce.com as the primary Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Understanding, explaining, and helping to facilitate the approved product and business plans
- Maintaining close relationships with internal departments
- Assisting with developing sales strategies and tactics for various products.
- Increasing market share
- Monitoring the local market, customer trends, industry developments
- Participating in determination of market potential and regional sales strategy
- Supporting various distributionchannels in the geographic area
- Travel up to 75%
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably with technical training
- 3 years of relevant business experience
- Mechanical or industrial equipment background or aptitude
- Technical ability to perform effective product demonstrations and develop solutions
- Strong Metrology background and aptitude
- Ability to understand and demonstrate various software packages
- Team mentality and ability to work successfully within a small group
- Willingness to travel