Sales Engineer / Pre-Sales Consultant
Less than 5 years experience • Technology
Our client is an established and fast growing software vendor that provides comprehensive cybersecurity offerings and one committed to technology innovation that consistently listens and reacts to their customer's needs. As a result of this company's continued expansion we are seeking talented candidate with technical pre-sales experience with security software offerings for this exciting opportunity. The company offers a competitive compensation package and an equity position for a qualified candidate.
Position title: Sales Engineer/Pre-Sales Consultant
Location: Bay area, California or Seattle Washington area
THIS IS A HOME OFFICE BASED POSITION
Our client is seeking a talented Sales Engineer to support their sales organization. The Sales Engineer is critical to their success as they continue to expand. This position will be primarily for responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in tandem with the sales team as a technical advisor and product advocate for their products. The ideal candidate must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users, as well as ensure customer satisfaction through the sales cycle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals that are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, and able to travel to customer locations as needed.
- Work closely with the sales organization on all revenue generating opportunities and perform technical presentations and product demonstrations
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations to customers and at other field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Deploy and implement company offerings, from planning to acceptance, and work with customers to resolve any outstanding technical issues
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Design implementation solutions according to customers technical requirements
- Travel required as needed (up to 30% or more at peaks) mostly within the US
- 3-5+ years' pre-sales experience with technical software offerings is a must. Experience with application security and/or some prior software development experience at some point in the past for this role
- Excellent presentation skills
- Project management and technical writing experience
- Excellent team / autonomous work capabilities
- Experience in the software security industry a big plus
- Bachelor's degree. Master's Degree and/or CISSP a big plus
For consideration email resume referencing job#CSE100