About NokiaSee More
At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry's only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About Nokia Enterprise
Our Enterprise business group addresses mission and business critical networking requirements for asset-intensive industries. We build hyperscale cloud and private networks for our customers, and serve private enterprises in the webscale, transportation, energy, manufacturing and logistics industries as well as public sector governments and cities. Nokia's enterprise portfolio supports our Future X for Industries network architecture combining secure high-performance, ubiquitous access and intelligent IP/optical networks with agile multi-cloud-enabled solutions, analytics-driven digital value platforms and business applications to help drive and support industrial automation.
Job Position Summary Description:
This position will be responsible to support the Sales Leader in pursuing and winning new networking opportunities in this customer segment.
The Sales Engineer (SE) will interface with customers for all pre-sales related activities for Nokia's IP, Microwave, Optical, SDN, Wireless and Network Management portfolio. The SE will position Nokia as a thought leader in technology solutions for this customer segment. The SE will be a trusted advisor for customers in a consultative selling environment and a customer advocate working with Nokia's various business units to ensure customer requirements and needs are addressed adequately.
The SE will interact with other members of the team to make sure that they are prioritizing their tasks to cater to the more important and urgent short term goals. The SE is also responsible to ensure that the Sales Leader is getting adequate technical pre-sales support from the various business units/ RBCs. This job will involve approximately 40% travel.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Be the primary customer interface for all pre-sales engagements
• Work with customers to understand their challenges and requirements
• Develop a vision for each customer based on Nokia's broad range of solutions
• Orchestrate innovative solutions that differentiate Nokia against competition
• Create high level network architecture, design as well as bill of material and pricing
• Orchestrate and support customer test and evaluation activities
• Work with bids and proposal team to create proposals for solutions and services
• Quantify and articulate business value of Nokia's technical solution
• Clearly articulate Nokia's value proposition and differentiators
• Support customer technical interactions during post-sales activities
• Ensure adequate Regional Business Center support for various customer engagements
• Work closely with the Sales Leader to ensure alignment on strategic and tactical objectives for the sector
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
• 7+ years of technical sales experience with IP/Optics/Microwave/Wireless products and solutions
• Strong understanding of electric utility operational environment and applications
• Excellent customer interfacing skills including presentation and white-boarding skills
• Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building and problem resolution
• Technical expertise in Nokia's IP, Wireless and Network Management product portfolio
• Expertise in Nokia's Microwave, Optical and Mobile Network product portfolio is desirable
• Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help to overcome some of the world's most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Valid through: 11/27/2020