As a Sales Engineer, you will work on new business development and sales cycles that focus on complex services related to the delivery of digital commerce and data infrastructure. The Sales Engineer reports to our Head of Sales and serves as a subject matter expert providing technical solutions consultancy to our customers. You will be heavily focused on complex digital commerce and data infrastructure opportunities that will span across diverse technology categories and large buying groups and will have the opportunity to learn something new on every deal. You will be responsible for mapping customer needs to our service offerings, demonstrating our service offerings and reference architectures, and assisting the customer through the different technology-related decisions required to commence their projects. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience working with headless commerce, microservice architectures, and data infrastructure.
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional team to bring opportunities through our sales process, including positioning, sizing, pitch and SOW development
- Gather requirements and define a technical solution that is designed, sized and scoped for successful project delivery
- Maintain close working relationships with production teams to support the prioritization, estimation, and delivery of projects to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work closely with our product team and with Solutions Consultants within our technology vendor partner ecosystem to develop new offerings and new business opportunities
- Track your performance towards targets, revenue goals, and project timelines to ensure the success of the business development team
Is the role a fit for you?
The Sales Engineer role emphasizes team collaboration and strong technology consulting skills. You’ll find fulfillment in the role if you:
- Know that client relationships have a lasting impact on the business and prioritize them accordingly
- Have an interest in making the business work. You’re an entrepreneur at heart and you’re willing to wear different hats and remain flexible to move the business forward
- Enjoy working with new technologies, modern approaches to retail and commerce and seeing new capabilities come to life
Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work.
- Knowledge sharing and the chance to be part of a team that co-own the output, instead of a solo hero who lives and dies by their work alone, is important to you
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years industry experience in enterprise software services with a minimum of 3 years experience in a sales-related function
- Knowledge of the digital commerce landscape and an understanding of the emerging technology ecosystem, including Composable Commerce, modular DXP, customer data platforms, and journey orchestration
- Ability to scope, pitch, and work collaboratively with customer technology leadership
- Experience exploring the use of data to drive business outcomes and novel form factors such as voice, chat, and extended reality
- Experience in a startup environment working on early-stage product development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead through influence
- Ability to travel to meet customers, partners and our community