D2iQ is currently seeking a Sales Engineer in the Washington, DC metro area to support our Federal and Public sector clients. In this position you will be the technical representative for D2iQ's products and services in the Enterprise Field Sales organization.
This is a hands-on technologist role. You are not just doing slideware, you're architecting enterprise data solutions for large organizations. Experience seeing the entire lifecycle from conception to design to technology evaluation to pilot program to implementation to maintenance and support is crucial.
Distributed systems, programming, datacenter operations, and previous Kubernetes or Mesos experience are all huge pluses. We're looking for customer-facing hands-on technologists with a track record of success to join us.
- Working with customers, partners, and prospects to understand and propose solutions
- Manage technical sales process for numerous customers day to day
- Map customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Own the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, upselling, and subscription renewals)
- Educate prospects on the business value of D2iQ's offerings
- Drive progress towards successful sales, in concert with Account Executives
- Focus on customer satisfaction and success
- Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving technologies
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
- 5+ years technical experience plus 5+ years customer facing experience
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Good EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Unix/Linux expertise a must
- Comfortable working with, most importantly listening and having technical discussions with customers
- Experience with public speaking, and giving pitches
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with several of the following:
- Distributed systems: Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Zookeeper, Kafka, Cassandra, Microservice architectures
- Programming languages: C, C++, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Datacenter operations: provisioning, capacity planning, network design