Konecranes is seeking a specialized individual to fill our Service Sales Engineer role. In this position, you will be selling complex engineered modernization opportunities within your assigned territory. Working independently and as a team will be crucial as you will be collaborating with district sales teams to advance our customers knowledge on Konecranes solutions and products. You will be primarily working with major engineering companies, and process industries that use heavy duty or high capacity crane equipment such as Steel Mills, Paper Mills, Waste to Energy/Biomass, Automotive Plants, Power Generation, General Manufacturing, Mining, Petro and more. We are looking for a driven and disciplined individual who is keen on problem solving and is highly conscientious.
- Defining and executing sales territory plans including recommendations for materials or machinery improvements to customers
- Demonstrate to customers how Konecranes solutions would improve safety, productivity and return on investment
- Communicate and consult with customers to understand their need
- Describe the financial benefit and understand the company’s process of obtaining funding for each project
- Provide consultative technical presentations and proposals that explain the technical aspects of our products and the benefit for our customer
- Introduce Konecranes engineered products to leading companies in designated territory
- Effectively lead development to ensure a sustainable modernization business YOY
- Sales process excellence using Konecranes CRM for sales management of territory
- Reporting updated market research on customer business outlook in the assigned territory by proactive territory development
- Provides appropriate specification support for new products along with a working knowledge of Konecranes products
- Manages all commercial issues before and after the sale- Terms and conditions
- Forecast orders/sales monthly to coincide with standard Rush reporting timelines
- Preparation of capital based professional proposals (including ROI justifications)
- Provide technical presentations of our advanced products in all four design elements (mechanical, electrical, automation and structural)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: A minimum five years’ experience in heavy duty material handling or technologically advanced capital equipment sales/products. Must have the aptitude to learn at a fast pace. Experienced in technical sales, high level relationship building, capital buying processes, and the customization/upgrading of heavy duty manufacturing equipment. Highly developed communication, sales organization and estimating evaluation skills. Ability to communicate clearly and resolve conflict. Working knowledge of estimating and design software. Must be proficient in MS Office products. Must show ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Travel up to 75%. Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver’s license. Must pass background check and drug screen, and will be subject to random drug screens during employment. Must be willing to work off the ground often at heights. Must be willing to sign a non-compete agreement. Must demonstrate commitment to safety.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering preferred.