Celebrating its 80th year as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2018.
Job Title: Sales Engineer - Seattle, WA (Seattle South)
Geographic area: Remote, Home Office
Key Job Responsibilities
- Attain assigned sales goals by identifying and qualifying customer need and by selling business to new buyers.
- Maintain high impact customer relationships with current accounts to expand market share in the industrial, cutting tool industry.
- Understand customer needs, business, technology, and product requirements and appropriately match Kennametal tooling “solutions” – products and services – to meet customer needs.
- Identify new sales opportunities through Kennametal’s presence at all buyer levels.
- Perform sales forecasting, account planning and other related sales administrative tasks to grow assigned business profitably.
- Show continuous improvements in technical, product and selling skills.
Knowledge & Skills
- An Associate’s degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering is required, bachelors degreepreferred. Machinist with selling skills preferred.
- Minimum requirement five-seven plus years of successful sales experience in the industry.
- In-depth understanding of the manufacturing industry and concepts associated with Kennametal Products.
- Proficiency in assessing customer needs.
- Competent understanding and communication of all products and technical information.
- Ability to conduct required territory analysis and planning.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex contract conditions and develop proposals.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Sales Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Sales, Engineering