The Sales Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle, including customer satisfaction and understanding all technical aspects of the product. Typical responsibilities will include: architectural presentations, in depth technical demonstrations, on site and remote software installations, POCs (proof of concepts), and troubleshooting client’s technical issues.
The sales cycle is approximately 120+ days from start to finish. The majority of sales and sales support will be done via phone and web meetings. This role includes approximately 30% travel to prospects/customers, marketing events and attending various functions.
Collaborate with sales team to provide sales support
- Understand customer requirements and explain how Jethro addresses them
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations describing Jethro’s solutions and positioning against alternatives
- Help secure sales
Manage customer POCs
- Work with customers to plan POC requirements, resources, timeline and success criteria
- Manage POC progress, ensuring successful completion
Provide technical assistance
- Solve technical problems customers encounter during POC and after purchase
- Troubleshoot, provide workarounds, pinpoint issues for R&D
Become an expert on the market and Jethro’s products
- Help improve the product by collecting customer requirements
- Produce technical marketing materials through blog posts, tutorials, white papers, etc.
- Record activity, POC progress, maintain data quality in our customer relationship management system (SFDC) and our marketing automation system (Hubspot) as applicable
- At least 4 years as a software SE selling enterprise data warehouse (EDW)/Hadoop/database solutions
- Experience giving presentations and hands on demonstrations
- Sales commission based comp plan
- Deep knowledge of SQL and query optimization
- Experience with analytical DBMS such as Teradata, Netezza, Vertica, Greenplum, Exadata, etc.
- Experience with Hadoop SQL engines such as Hive, Impala, Presto
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem
- Working knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau
- Hands on experience with Linux admin, scripting, etc.
- BA/BS Education – business / computer science related degree preferred