What's the opportunity? ?
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll be leading the technical discussion with our key prospects to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Intercom. You’ll be an integral part of the Sales team, working with both Pre and Post-Sales to ensure technical fit and create innovative solutions for our customers. You’ll also be closely aligned to the product team and will be instrumental in helping them understand our customer’s needs.
What will I be doing? ?
- You’ll work collaboratively with Account Executives to solve customer issues and drive deals
- You’ll help lead the discovery process, work to uncover your customer’s business objectives and current pains
- You’ll effectively translate the customer’s business needs into potential solutions using Intercom’s product, create customized Pilots that solves a prospects unique challenges
- You’ll educate customers on the value of Intercom platform through tailored product demonstrations
- You’ll work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage)
- You’ll answer and manage RFPs and Security Questionnaires effectively
- You’ll provide structured feedback and work closely with Intercom’s product engineering teams to help shape the product roadmap
What skills do I need? ?
- 5+ years of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS organization
- Have experience coding/scripting in multiple programming languages
- Able to think strategically to overcome technical and security roadblocks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver compelling presentations
Bonus skills & attributes ?
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs
- Experience with Intercom is a plus
- SaaS experience preferred
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!