The Sales Engineer is a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication, presentation, and troubleshooting skills who is adept at navigating high pressure situations. He/she has a strong background in IT sales, consulting and deployment. He/she is expected to be able to interface intelligently and effectively with members of the user community in the business areas that he/she supports. Business and systems analytical skills must be developed at this level. Customer facing role with good empathy with difficult customer issues, as well as the ability to navigate challenging social, territorial and organizational situations in hospital environments and throughout the sales organization.
- Support sales of solutions in a hospital clinical setting and effectively communicate with physicians, clinicians and IT professionals
- Promote Vital Sync solutions in a presales capacity with IT, clinical and business prospects in partnership with aligned field sales team
- Conduct pre-sales technical consultation with prospective customers to ensure comprehensive understanding of IT infrastructure and provide IT scoping and proposals back to sales and professional services teams
- Troubleshoot network and WiFi connectivity issues using personal knowledge and industry tools
- Assist with training clinicians, IT professionals and Biomedical Engineering staff at customer site on technical features/functions as appropriate
- Operate as team player with the ability to lead and/or take direction from others as appropriate within the sales and professional services teams
- Conduct proficient written and verbal communications across all relationships and coordinate complex sales activities among multiple stakeholders
- Serve as technical liaison from presale through implementation to ensure technical continuity for customer throughout process
Must Haves: Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in I/T or Engineering field (computer science, information systems, etc.) or Business related.
- Minimum of 5 years as an I/T professional in this role or related roles, with emphasis on interacting with customers and deploying technology in a customer environment, with a strong preference for hospital experience.
- Technical proficiency - has extensive working experience with required technologies and can handle advanced, complex tasks; typically, has over 3 years of experience with required technologies
- Analytical abilities – has advanced problem-solving skills including very difficult and time-sensitive problems where erroneous decisions could have a significant adverse impact on daily operations
- Project management – Can manage intermediate projects effectively requiring coordination with users & IT personnel across multiple teams
- Independence – Needs only general direction to perform job duties
- Communication skills – Strong verbal & written skills. Communications are complete and understandable with appropriate tone and delivery.
- Quality - Makes good decisions & designs solid solutions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience & judgment. Can accurately estimate time, resources and costs for assigned projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand and troubleshoot wired and wireless network connectivity issues, and have demonstrated experience in LAN and WLAN networking