HAMILTON Storage Technologies provides automation solutions to customers in life science and clinical research. The company develops modular, scalable systems that automate sample storage, management and processing. Hamilton provides all the benefits of advanced automation without the complexity associated with installing, operating and maintaining large-scale custom systems.
Acquired in 2007, HAMILTON Storage Technologies is headquartered in Franklin, Massachusetts, USA with R&D facilities co-existing in both Franklin, MA and Bonaduz, Switzerland. The decentralized R&D organization benefits both production and marketing, and allows Hamilton to stay close to the local markets and respond quickly to market needs.
Hamilton Storage is seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to support its large-scale automated sample management platforms. The Sales Engineer will be a technical product specialist within product management group, supporting product management, sales and R&D groups. This role will ultimately be responsible for providing both general product expertise for standard products, and further for creating solutions to complex customer applications through the application of standard products and the design of custom engineering projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a technical product expert for 2 or more automation platforms, to include expertise in automation hardware, software and facilities integration.
- Act as technical liaison to the sales organization, supporting pre-sales activities including customer meetings and visits.
- Support marketing groups as a product expert, to include development of sales and marketing materials, support for trade shows, etc.
- Work with the product management and R&D groups to aid in product improvement efforts.
- Drive the design and development of custom engineering projects through the per-sales and sales phases
- Coordinate and lead multi-disciplinary task groups, both internally and externally throughout the pre-sales/sales processes.
- Assist in the integration of Hamilton Storage systems into a customer's facility. This will include working withfacilities managers, local inspectors, electricians, HVAC professionals, etc.
- Contribute to product and project requirements and plans which align market needs with internal capabilities.
- Create and manage technical product documentation, including CAD layouts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineer (or a similar degree in Engineering Technology).
- 3+ years professional experience in a technical role.
- This position requires approximately 25% travel, both domestically and internationally.
- This role requires a solid technical understanding of automation hardware and software.
- Must be skilled in the creation of technical product documentation, for both customer-facing and inter-company use.
- Must be experienced in the sale of capital equipment, both domestically and internationally.
- Competency in SolidWorks, AutoCAD/DraftSight, MS Excel and MS Project are required.
- Experience in software product integration is preferred.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision insurance, paid time off, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more)
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug free workplace
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants.