John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (?830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Secures orders and quotation opportunities from existing and potential customers through technical presentations, visits and phone contact. Establishes a professional relationship with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management and other key personnel).
- Grow market share by identifying new business opportunities and securing contracts with new customers.
- Manage assigned sales activities expenses within approved budget.
- Secure sales contracts within budgeted pricing guidelines and meet company standards for margins.
- Review price quotations, sales contracts, change orders and discounts before submitting for approval.
- Manage assigned key accounts and resolve service issues with clients.
- Manage all required sales reporting for assigned area such as aggregate and site/region specific forecasts, actual sales results, variance analysis and mitigation plans to eliminate negative variances.
- Interfaces with application, design, manufacturing, purchasing, quality and other Orion personnel to ensure customer order requirements and specifications are understood.
- Provides on-site technical support and service at customer facilities and installations, if required.
- Disseminates product information through technical presentations, product shows and conferences.
- Provide weekly/monthly/90 day sales forecasts and explain variances to forecasts.
- Assigns order scheduledates or quotation lead times based upon customer requirements, current manufacturing schedules, material lead times and product mix.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis to identify new clients and opportunities to grow market share.
- Continually update industry, product, competitor, and market knowledge and provide information to Director Sales and Marketing.
- Upsell and expand revenue with existing clients.
- Coordinate Sales activities among regional engineering staff.
- Follow up on post sales activities to ensure customer satisfaction, and work with internal resources to address and resolve issues that resulted in unsatisfied customers.
- Address performance issues to continually enhance the overall quality and competence of the department.
- Identify frequent service failures to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from accredited university; BSME preferred.
- Two to four years?experience in design or service in rotating equipment industry required; Outside sales experience with an equipment manufacturer/supplier preferred
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized.
- Ability to pursue new business in addition to maintaining existing accounts
- Experience interfacing and presenting with customers and potential customers
- Travel: 10%-30% (U.S. and foreign countries).
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office, shop, warehouse, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Additional duties and responsibilities will vary based upon departmental needs.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company?s goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company?s environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements
Work environment is typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours to include offices, manufacturing plants and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer sites including oil well sites, and meeting venues.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and approved PPE is required when on the factory floor
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.