California Natural Color is a division of E. & J. Gallo Winery, which was founded by two entrepreneurs—Ernest and Julio Gallo. For over 2 decades, California Natural Color has been a supplier of grape juice concentrates, natural colors and grape seed extract to the food and beverage industries. With an unwavering commitment to quality, California Natural Color is the world's largest supplier of grape juice and red anthocyanin colors.
Are you naturally inquisitive with a desire to constantly stay on top of competitor activity and market trends? Do you have a desire to contribute to a sales team by developing, overseeing, and executing a sales plan? Do you embrace innovation and possess an entrepreneurial mindset? If so, keep reading! As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for supporting both the sales and operations departments and their goals of driving dryer, dryer parts, and toll processing sales growth. You will be responsible for overseeing proprietary dryer technology sales while managing current accounts and expanding our customer base.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for execution of the sales plan for dryer, dryer parts, and toll processing business.
- Accountable for the revenue plan and maximizing contribution.
- Oversees creation of commercial quality dried products for potential customers for dryers or contract toll processing business.
- Strategically focuses efforts on the biggest opportunities to maximize equipment efficiency.
- Maintains business relationships and executes selling techniques that will increase the sale of dryer, dryer parts and toll processing.
- Assesses market data, leverages pricing models, and makes pricing recommendations.
What You Need
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Required to maintain 3 shifts availability; expected to work graveyard shifts when necessary.
- Required to lift and move drums of product or equipment that weigh up to 55 pounds.
- Required to possess color vision and depth perception.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint at a basic level.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, plus 4 years of experience in technical ingredient sales or application development reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Knowledge of chemistry, drying carriers, engineering, and drying techniques.
- Strong instrument troubleshooting, maintenance and repair skills.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.