The primary focus of this position is to provide pre-sales consultative application and design assistance to our customers and prospects. The Sales Engineer works closely with sales personnel in developing both strategic and tactical plans to achieve success. The Sales Engineer will balance the degree of post-order involvement based on risk to business, value to customer, potential future business and customer satisfaction.
- Provides customer/prospect with answers to technical questions & documentation
- Interfaces with marketing group regarding solution launch & programs
- Accompanies customers and prospects to G4S Technology facilities, trade shows, customer sites for presentations, updates or management meetings
- Conduct customer site surveys in order to develop the best solution to fit the application, including supporting the sales team with creating estimates and BOMs (bill of materials)
- Network and consult with manufacturers, A&Es and consultants
- Identify and develop new business opportunities. Establish a broad client and prospect base to promote all G4S Technology products and services.
- Work with Project Development and Project Office personnel to contact, qualify and pursue leads for new business opportunities.
- Work with proposal groups to provide direction and strategy for responding to client requests for proposals. Coordinate internal efforts to provide a cohesive team approach.
- Build long-term advisory relationships with multiple clients. Seek to influence clients to negotiate work versus bidding work.
- Generate necessary reports and complete administrative duties in a timely fashion.
- Keep informed on industry trends, products and training & certifications as required by the business.
- Provide technical support in sales presentations and Conduct technical/positioning presentations to customers & prospects
- Understands & analyzes customers/prospects needs according to their business requirements
- Assist the sales force with value added consultation services
- Acts as technical prime for responding/review to RFX’s
- Other duties as assigned
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Science or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of telecom and/or security business development/sales experience in network construction or equipment
- An acceptable equivalency in collegiate education and applicable work experience will be considered for this position
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet applications such as Lotus or Excel
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.