Join the revolution!
Fortanix is looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial Sales Engineer excited about building a great security company. As the SE for US Central / Midwest region you will be part of a start-up sales team developing and managing Fortanix's business in your territory. Fortanix technology already has won multi-million dollar deals at enterprises around the world. Here's an opportunity to win more.
As a Sales Engineer you will own, drive, and be rewarded for your business. Responsibilities include:
- Consultative Selling. As a member of the sales team engage prospects in a consultative sales process around Fortanix as part of their core security infrastructure and operations.
- Discovery. Work closely with prospects early in the sales process to gain deep understanding of their technical requirements and propose how best to address them.
- Technical Evaluations. Work with deep technical resources, sales team and prospects to manage successful customer evaluations and proof of concept deployments.
- Demos and Training. Prepare and document customer demonstrations as well as formal and informal customer training.
- Product Knowledge. Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to maintain a deep understanding of Fortanix products and core technology.
- Market Feedback. Continuously gather product and market feedback to guide new products.
- Customer Success. Ensure customers are getting the most from their investment in Fortanix, creating strong references, renewals and opportunities for upsell.
- Must be based in Midwest -- ideally Chicago or Minneapolis / St Paul
- Must have 5+ years of experience as an SE for enterprise IT security and infrastructure.
- Must have experience in complex enterprise sales processes, including $1M+ deals.
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash, etc.)
- Understanding of HSM and various crypto interfaces (PKCS#11, CAPI, CNG, JCE, etc.). Experience with HSM from another company is a plus.
- Understanding of KMS interfaces (KMIP, REST API, etc.). Experience with a KMIP appliance is a plus.
- Familiarity with HSM and KMS in the cloud (AWS CloudHSM, AWS KMS, Google KMS, Azure KeyVault, IBM KeyProtect, etc.)
- Understanding of use cases of HSM and KMS (Database TDE, TLS termination, Blockchain, secure manufacturing, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a roll-up your sleeves, get your hands dirty start-up environment.
- Experience selling to Global 1000 / Financial Services companies.
- Strong consultative selling and technical collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to engage both external partners and internal team.
- BA/BS in a technical field; CISSP, Security+, other security-focused certifications.