Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position will be responsible to provide effective Sales Representation of Flowserve to assure attainment of Sales Objectives. Primary responsibility is for valve sales specifically Brand names Valbart Trunnion Mounted Control Ball Valve (rotary control ball valves) and Valbart (On / off, rising stem) for Houston and designated areas. Focus is on new valve & new project sales, via AML responsibilities with end user and defined channel reps / dist.
Territory: Houston and designated area.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree is preferred
- Must have 5 years of experience in control valve sales or related equipment. Engineering sales are common. Preference would be given to sales experience with combination of direct and channel reps / dist.
- Effectively manage channel sales partners to include contract management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Perform field training for Engineering and End User customers
- Goal oriented with focus on customer service is required.
- Proactive, self-starter with a hands-on approach to solving problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong technical background to include a working knowledge of mechanical & instrumentation relating to pressure control, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic experience is a plus.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment and manage multiple priorities
- Experience in Midstream / Transmission is an advantage.
- Actively participate in and provide input into the product development teams and engineering to support market data and new product development.
- Participate in accountability meetings as required, report key accountability metrics weekly to manager and operations.
- Respond to voice and email requests within 24 hrs.
- There will be overnight traveling, consisting of travel to client sites and satellite locations within as designated.
This position will be responsible to provide effective Sales Representation of Flowserve to assure attainment of Sales Objectives, this will include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet and/or exceed the sales level for the assigned territory and business
- Meet and/or exceed bookings objectives for the territory.
- Meet customer / reps needs by being a responsive liaison between the Company and customers on matters.
- Assist in profitably meeting customer needs by being a responsive liaison between the Company and customers / reps on matters relating to control valve repairs, upgrades, new unit applications control systems and spare parts.
- Manage the proposal process and develop strategies to ensure we make the most competitive technical and commercial offerings.
- Support Management in the settlement of warranty disputes and field problems.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to grow the business profitably.
- Maintain good relationships with customers / reps. and Company's personnel to ensure continued Market Growth.
- Routinely report activities to Management on all pertinent issues related to market changes through use of monthly forecast and other reports as may be directed.