Do you want a job you love: a career that provides you the resources to research new and emerging trends in cyber security and networking; a job that affords you the flexibility to take risks in defining and building the next great thing; a position that allows you to use your talent for evangelizing what you and the team built to the world’s largest organizations as well as to the tech community?
The Sales Engineer (SE) is a technical role that is part of a highly technical sales team, which supports sales and promotes customer satisfaction. Primarily providing pre-sales technical support for the implementation of products/applications/solutions. This includes presentations, product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of F5 solutions, and the development of account plans.
- Act as a trusted advisor providing technical expertise through Sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, and Proof of Concepts
- Provide solution designs, and systems engineering configurations
- Develop and Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5 product set, the relevant industry, and Sales aptitude
- Design differentiating solutions and articulate technical and business value of F5 Solutions against competitors.
- Design technical solutions that can solve customer business problems or create a new service offering
- Participate in the development and support of content (presentations, WP’s, use cases…) for customers and partners
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share with peer group
- Champion a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing standard methodologies and success and building lasting relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Own or assist on Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases on behalf of customer
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Customer support activities include:
- Can articulate the F5 Sales Strategy, Messaging, and positioning F5 value proposition for customer business objectives
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with customer technology staff and management
- Consistently provide elite customer service during pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Can deliver sales pitch/whiteboards at CxO level through to detailed technical staff
- Actively use Salesforce.com for each opportunity and named account
- Partner with sales team to develop and manage Technical Account Plan and/or Territory Account Plans
- Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
- Actively utilize SE tools: CSR, Idea, Hive, Mainstreet, and others
- Identify and qualify technical opportunities
- Influence Sales strategy
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out account political structure
Post sales activities include:
- Understand and follow critical issue process
- Partner with the F5 Technical Support and customers/partners to resolve issues
- 8+ years related industry experience in a dynamic high-tech environment with a BA/BS or equivalent workexperience.
- 5+ year pre-sales experience
- System administrator skills with UNIX, Microsoft or application knowledge
- Solid grasp of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, and security (e.g., Layer 4-7, firewall, DDoS, etc)
- Industry trends and cycles
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Industry and F5 Networks-targeted technologies i.e. Application Delivery Control, Application Access Control, SSL intercept/inspection, and Web Application Firewall Security.
- Good understanding of LTM, DNS, AFM and DDoS
- Application development experience with any of the following:
- Open source and public cloud technologies (Github, Ansible, AWS CFTs, Azure ARM templates, GCP, etc.)
- Modern development methodologies (Agile, CI/CD)
- Static and dynamic code analysis security technologies
- Applications written or refactored for containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties will require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require out of town travel up to 30% of the time.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.