- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery, and deployment methods (i.e CI/CD), and with serverless and microservice architecture, containers and associated technologies (Kubernetes).
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
About the job
- Advanced education in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of cloud computing, data, information lifecycle management and Big Data.
- Understanding of cloud and data center network topologies, enterprise and mobile security, cloud identity, automation/design techniques, and troubleshooting techniques
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business - all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers - developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies - see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As an Enterprise Application Modernization Sales Engineer, you'll contribute to support Google Cloud Sales teams, and drive vision, mission, and strategy around application migrations and transformations. You'll meet with customers to facilitate business transformation, success patterns, and establish an architectural blueprint as the foundation for migration to Google Cloud. You will also have the opportunity to travel to customer sites and events up to 40% of time.
In this role, you'll identify and assess enterprise customer applications to uncover cloud solutions to recommend, plan for, and address core market opportunities and use cases. Finally, you will enable customers, partners, and field teams on the best way to position application modernization solutions on Google Cloud, explain technical features, and problem-solve potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems. Responsibilities
- Support local sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, and engage customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery, and architect customer solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading technical projects, including such activities as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers and RFI response documents.