Kyocera has a unique, exciting opportunity for a Sales Engineer in our Electrical to Optical (EO) group in our Vancouver, WA facility!
Kyocera International, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of a broad range of state-of-the-art, high-technology products which are used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial and semiconductor. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Pension and 401(k) with company match.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of the Semiconductor industry, including:
- Optical Communication
- Fiber Optic components (packages, thin film submounts, ferrules/sleeves)
- Data center/telecommunications components
- Optical transceivers/routers/switches
- Hardware 5G network
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
- The Sales Engineer is focused on the sales of highly technical products. They increase business by maintaining an exceptional relationships with customers; create and support development activity within an assigned customer base; facilitate contract negotiations, customer complaint resolution and other business to business reporting requirements. This technical sales role has strong communication internally & externally with administration, engineering, production, quality, to address customer needs. They closely manage and report on account activity because driving new business is a key performance indicator.
- 4 year degree, BS preferred: Material Science/Engineering/Technical
- 3 years outside technical sales experience
- Knowledge of Semiconductor industry
- Experience in Fiber Optics hardware a plus
- Strong technical comprehension of drawings, materials and engineering terms
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively and professionally
- Well organized with demonstrated practice of appropriate follow-up
- Ability to work well with other people, both externally and internally
- Proven written and verbal communication skills (phone, email, presentations, face to face)
- Must possess legal driver's license and be able to legally drive in the US
- Proficient with Outlook & MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic proficiency in extracting information from SAP
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets monthly booking goals (MSP) and milestones for Master Plan as well as 3-year sales plans within and assigned account base. Reports to management on opportunities and customer requirements.
- Uses technical engineering skills to generate new business with established products and works with development engineers on new products which are needed in the market.
- Responsible for customer interaction and relationship management within own account base. Recommends improved material or products to customers within the Kyocera material's family.
- Represents customer requests and perspectives to production, quality, and management personnel to plan and execute a "customer first" support.
- Communicates with counterparts in Japan and US on a regular basis for price quotation, part delivery, technical confirmation, legal language discussions, cross application and general support.
- May travel up to 50% of the time. Facilitates business travel with visiting personnel from international production facilities and management during customer visits in US. Also escorts customer visits to factories globally as needed. May attend trade shows, events, or present in forums representing Kyocera.
- Drives daily sales account activity including order tracking, scheduling, logistics planning, account collection, on time delivery reporting and related reports/ analysis. Stays current on market trends and applications for new products.
- May mentor or train associate sales engineers and or sales administration staff, and/or lead projects.
- Prepare and deliver excellent technical presentations in a variety of formats including face to face, webinar, phone, and/or tradeshow. The sales engineer should be extremely knowledgeable of their business, material and the industry they sell in. They will be strong at excel and business writing to ensure clear communication with customers and production. They may be asked to present at a variety of levels within the organization.
- Secure new orders and verify delivery and satisfaction. Plan expenses and report on new orders and booking results monthly.
- Constantly identifies and targets potential customers. Actively improves customer relations in order to increase market penetration.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree, or equivalent experience resulting in broad knowledge of a field related to the job, such as accounting, marketing, business administration, agriculture etc, plus 5 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
Under direction where a definite objective is set up and the employee plans and arranges own work, referring only unusual cases to supervisor.