Dataiku is looking for experienced data science specialists to join as a Sales Engineer, supporting our West Coast team and customers. We're looking for someone who can express passion about data science, and communicate this passion to our customers. This role consists in supporting Dataiku's presales efforts along the following three categories:
Building Interest in Dataiku
• Positioning the value of our technology in front of prospective clients
• Building and delivering demonstrations of the project, on data and use cases relevant to the prospect, and to their specific circumstances
Building Solutions in Dataiku
Sales Engineers are the primary builders of solutions that match the customer's needs with the capabilities of our technology, which require...
• Knowledge of adjacent technologies in the Big Data and Analytics space
• Knowledge of competing analytics and data science platforms and their respective strengths and weaknesses
• The ability to communicate the capabilities of Dataiku's technology in great depth
• Skill at conveying the value at which Dataiku's technology has delivered to other customers through in-depth knowledge of use cases and user stories
Building Evaluations of Dataiku
The Sales Engineer supports prospective clients that wish to evaluate our technology by...
• Structuring evaluations by identifying the core capabilities that need to be tested, and defining the most efficient way for them to be tested
• Building the evaluation project plan, with detailed timelines and responsibilities
• Marshaling the necessary resources from within Dataiku and the client organization in order to ensure that the evaluation progresses efficiently
• Monitoring and ensuring that the evaluation goes to plan, and addressing any issues that may come up during the evaluation
Dataiku is a young company with great momentum and at this phase of very rapid growth, the Sales Engineer is likely to work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering, as well as be a key player in supporting Dataiku's East Coast strategy.