8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
CPI Malibu, a division of Communications & Power Industries (CPI), is an advanced antenna solutions provider for critical defense, aerospace and communications applications worldwide. CPI Malibu is a recognized leader in the Data Link and communications industry, and has built an excellent reputation, both domestically and internationally. We have unique capabilities and experience in design, analysis, and manufacture of telemetry, communications, electronic warfare, and radar antenna systems. Worldwide installation, logistics, and repair support are performed by our in-house service organization with assistance from local CPI offices.
CPI Malibu takes an analytical approach to design and manufacture through the use of CAD, CAE, large-scale graphics and computer-controlled machining. Two anechoic chambers (including a compact range) and a well-equipped, small volume production machine shop support our capabilities and enable CPI Malibu to react quickly to customer’s requests. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team.
We are currently seeking an energetic and resourceful Sales Engineer with a strong track record of supporting and increasing profitable sales and market share in the domestic and international advanced antenna and telemetry markets. This position requires close coordination with sales and the engineering team.
The ideal candidate will bring a collaborative approach to provide technical support while coordinating and driving to conclusion, technical/commercial proposals. Duties include:
• Actively engaged in both outside/inside, domestic and international selling activities for current CPI Malibu products and capabilities to include advanced antennas, telemetry and aftermarket
• Technically astute and able to confidently discuss the technical aspects of the CPI Malibu products and services
• Works closely with operations, engineering, supply chain, contracts and program management in regards to operations and internal resource loading to ensure technical and commercial proposals are delivered on.
• Develops and qualifies potential leads and prospects
• Prepares quotes and pricing in response to customer inquiries in accordance with current CPI guidelines.
• Develop and communicates a firm understanding of the CPI Malibu market place to include market, competition and customer trends.
• Develops, prepares and executes an annual Sales & Marketing Plan for each market segment within which CPI Malibu conducts business. To include (but not limited to) market, customer, product, pricing, competitor, technical matters, advertising, tradeshows, budget, high level travel schedule as well as Sales & Marketing goals and objectives as they relate to the overall CPI Malibu strategy.
• Works closely with CPI outside sales team to include quotations, training and customer issue resolution.
• Works closely with the Director of Business Development.
• Ability to travel domestic and internationally.
Requirements • BS degree in electrical or RF engineering, or other relevant technical field, or equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
• Ten (10) years in an active selling role selling antenna related products for Military Defense and/or Aerospace products or services.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Federal law requires CPI Malibu Division to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. CPI Malibu Division uses eVerify and does provides Social Security Administration and/or Department of Homeland Security employee’s I-9 Form to confirm work authorization.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum.
CPI Malibu Division is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy or childbirth, or related medical conditions, age national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status of military, a veteran, qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected under applicable state, federal or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CPI, Malibu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.