Responsible for territorial and market segment managing, developing, and executing “Floor to Ceiling” sales strategies to achieve aggressive growth in all end-user markets. Selling and coordination of products, projects, and services for the complete CES portfolio of Overhead Material Handling capabilities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- To be CES first point of contact to potential customers whose initial contact information may either be provided from a variety of internal generated sources or from self-initiated prospecting efforts as relates to the general industrial overhead material handling end-user markets.
- To properly access and qualify potential customers as to their specific overhead material handling needs and to develop, prepare, present and follow-up with the appropriate proposal to best meet their needs.
- Assist as a team member in developing, communicating, and refining an effective CES systemized selling strategy and method with primary mission in identification, pursuit, proposal creation, negotiation and closure of sales opportunities.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could best be met by specific CES portfolio products and services.
- Emphasize value added product features/benefits based on analyses of customers' specific application needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Work with the customers to develop an accurate scope of supply and communicate information effectively to participate in the application estimating process for costing purposes.
- Extensive travel through assigned territory/market segment locations to call on regular and prospective customers and communicates with customers by phone and/or e-mail to solicit orders. (3-4 days/week may be traveling – some overnights as required)
- May utilize a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System to assist in efficient sales activities and reporting. Will manage proper internal order processing transactions and expense accounts.
- Provide feedback to product design teams so that products can be tailored to clients' needs.
- Works closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing and all pertinent sales team members to assist in achieving the sales and profitability goals of the company.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to be analytical and creative to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information to develop best solutions to specific applications..
- Self-Driven – To go “above & beyond” to adapt and overcome selling obstacles
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Planning/Organizing - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task. Uses time efficiently.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Communication - Ability to communicate in writing effectively and by spoken word clearly and concisely.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
SKILLS & ABILITIES Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar discipline from four year college or university; or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer Overhead Material Handing market or similar industrial technology experience.
Job Id: 787