When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud Platform is a set of modular cloud-based services that allow you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications. It externalizes the best of how we run the worlds largest 'software-as-a-service' (SaaS) company and makes our infrastructure, software and processes available to all. Google Cloud Platform delivers the full promise of the public cloud - on-demand provisioning of infinite capacity running on world-class infrastructure without any upfront commitment.
Traditional developers are just now discovering the unique power and instant scale made available to them through Google Cloud Platform - Compute Engine, App Engine, Container Engine, BigQuery, Cloud Storage, and more. Whole new industries and solution spaces are being defined and developed right now and cloud services are leveling the playing field across the board.
We're on a mission to completely change the world of enterprise computing, and in this role you'll not only have a front-row seat for the action, you'll be helping shape and execute the strategies to help customers "go Google" for their core business. You will become a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects, and help them get as much value out of our Platform as possible. You are also a strong ally to our Sales Googlers, using both technical and business skills to move agreements forward as efficiently as possible. We optimize for growth and ensure customer success by providing end-to-end services to our clients.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Use your technical expertise to help a client determine if Google Cloud Platform is right for them.
- Work with the Sales team to identify and qualify Platform opportunities through a formal sales process. Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios. Architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take full responsibility for the technical aspects of the sales cycle including general teaching, introductory meetings, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional supporting technical resources. Identify and handle key customer technical objections, guiding them to success.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition and unique differentiators, using whiteboarding, slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI (Request for Information) response documents.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments. Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructurerequired to successfully implement a complete solution, providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management, especially as it relates to Big Data trends and issues within businesses. Hands-on experience using and/or managing databases. Know your way around Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, BigQuery.
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies. Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML), understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC).